Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby Gazz292 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 am

I know i'm replying 2 years late, and my info is likely useless....

just the rev limiter thing... im in england and have a vauxhall meriva.. with a tiny diesel engine in it, and recently bought an opcom obdii reader, they are specific to opel/vauxhal european cars, it basically gives a point and click interface to do most things like move engine actuators, code certain things to the vehicle, read live data etc, reading the gm specific data of course.

When messing with the data from it, it noticed i had a reading for if the engine had ever over revved, and how many times etc... i triggered that driving in limp home mode (where the turbo was cut out) ...so i was having to go to max revs to get anywhere, and sometime i must have somehow gone over slightly... max revs for my engine is 4700 rpm, and it was logged that i'd hit a whopping 4721rpm once... woooooo

This was also logged as a DTC i recall, so there is at least a dtc that records if you over rev even by a tiny amount,

sorry if this is useless
Newbie Modder

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts