Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby vess89 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

It sounds good in theory, I'll be sure to let you know how I go :)
vess89
Kicking Tyres

Postby vess89 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Also thought I should share the media player hookup I did today.

I decided to go with an AppleTV since I always have an iDevice on me with lots of media to airplay. It'll also rock on roadtrips where anyone in the car can take turns in streaming (and hopefully not fight for control :lol: )

Here is the AppleTV working:

Instead of making up cables I decided to hardwire in some RCA connectors and mount them to the side of the headunit. One downside is that it required modification to the radio cage to make clearance for the connectors

The connectors I put on it were just from my parts bin, I'll put something properly colour coded on later.
vess89
Kicking Tyres

Postby doubledip » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 pm

looks pretty slick there

good job !! :D
doubledip

Postby TazzI » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Niiiiiiiicce! Looks like a clean install there!
TazzI

Postby Zeeko » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Good evening all, been a while since I have been here!

So I thought I would upgrade my initial base IQ unit to a nice piano black one. Now the last time I got an IQ unit it was a package from a dealer.

This new one is causing me some queries.

I figured out the VIN number differences (last 8 backwards etc) and put them into the new unit and I still get the security lockout screen :(

I've tried multiple machines, multiple hex editors. Dumped via 3M clip and also used my reflow kit to carefully lift the 24C64WP off the board and program using a socket.

I have 3 EEPROM dumps sitting here and I am furiously trying to find what is wrong with what I did. If someone could have a quick gander at the bin files that would be fantastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby Zeeko » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:45 am

Just a quick update:

I tried using the original facia I had after programming the new main unit with my old main units bin file. All works. So now I'm going to try looking into the facia+main unit pairing data. I'm leaning towards thinking that the new stereo is from two different cars :/
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby Zeeko » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Hurrah!

Looks like the Fascia sync data was different to the main unit. And the Fascia's had a 24C64 in them on the first board you pull.

Solution was to dump the data from the Fascia of my existing IQ and flashing it to the new Fascia. Job done (please note I had also flashed the new IQ with my old IQ information).

I will collate a few photos of the full reassembly process to hopefully be added to the site guides as I put everything back together.

Attached are the two Fascia dumps I was working with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby MarkR8 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm

I have read right through these posts now and haven't found an answer for my needs.
My car is HSV E1 build No 375.
Being early E1 I have had issues with the head unit and want to replace mine with a later model unit .

Questions are:
Will re-writing the bin file from the original unit result in the replacement unit showing build number as well as the splash screen?
If not, looking to just change VIN for the time being as the unit is driving me mad
Thinking I could read and edit the VIN using VCI and winflash. Is there another thread with further information about this method?
Thanks in advance
MarkR8
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 pm

The fascia mismatch was worked out by ZerOne in 2011..........Try some real searching & reading!! Cheers
viewtopic.php?f=253&t=6098.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby MarkR8 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 am

It's no as much a case of having not read or properly searched the forum. Moreover, I have seen VIN change done via OBD2 and that process (and equipment required) is not documented as far as I can find.
I see hex locations and values to change the start up splash screen but I am after info on programming the processor in order to retain the original build number.
Perhaps there have been some advancements over the last 4 or so years that someone may be willing to share? Doubledip?
MarkR8
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts