Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby jezzab » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:08 pm

That information isn't documented and a few people a lot of time (and some money in buying gear) to work out themselves. I won't be sharing unfortunately and I doubt anyone else will sorry. Some of this stuff is our bread and butter (doubledip and I). If you do work it out yourself, your more then welcome to share it with everyone if you like

Jez
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby MarkR8 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:53 pm

jezzab wrote:That information isn't documented and a few people a lot of time (and some money) to work out themselves. I won't be sharing unfortunately and I doubt anyone else will sorry. Some of this stuff is our bread and butter (double dip and I). If you do work it out yourself, your more then welcome to share it with everyone if you like

Jez

Well I will figure it out and I will share when I do.
It's not as if you discovered Ohms law and if you did everyone would still be sitting in the dark. Well done
MarkR8
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 pm

You just couldn't leave it could you.
You do that Mark and you can have a forum holiday to do it on too. Grow up.

If you had asked another way I would have said you need:

Hardware to access GMLAN
Security Algorithm of Radio
Location of VIN
Software to do the above

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby rwaldram » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi Gents (and Ladies), I just wanted to quickly say thanks for setting up this forum & threads such as this one in particular. The IQ unit conversion (& DZ HVAC conversion) is something I've wanted to do for quite a while, but it wasn't until December last year that I finally got my backside into gear and started buying the bits needed.

I sent my IQ unit off to doubledip and got it reprogrammed, got the patch harness etc and was pretty well set to go... Then had a few issues (currently in week 2 of 6 weeks off work (& off my feet) due to an ankle reconstruction) so I figured that I'd go the 'whole hog', I have managed to source an actual dual zone heaterbox with most of the attachments still in place (some sensors, wiring, all the actuators etc), it just needed my new dual zone HVAC to be plugged in, since then I have also scored an entire dash wiring harness and even a body wiring harness and god knows how, but everything I've scored so far has been out of either a 2011 or 2012 SS ute.

I've got all the piano black parts (even the steering wheel controls), got the later model centre console with the USB / Aux plugs.
Now I'm just waiting until I'm literally back on my feet, then I'm going to take a week or so, guy the entire interior of my MY9.5 SS Ute, and bring her up to full series II spec (even going to upgrade the steering wheel and gear stick to the red/black leather at the same time).

I'm not going to lie, all this talk about EEPROM and reprogramming has gone way over my head (i'm a tradie in the army, but avoid computers and electrickery like the plague) so I think that even though this way of doing things is doing to be far more labour intensive, it's more appropriate for my skill level :D

Oh yeah, I've posted a question in another part of this forum just trying to seek some clarification on position of two temperature sensors when doing this upgrade, the location for the interior ambient temperature sensor seems to conflict with the parts diagram I got from Holden (and with the DZ heater box I have sitting in my garage) and I'm a little stumped with the location of the external one too.
I've got now doubt that there will be somewhere on this forum that someone else has asked the same question or put up details so if someone could please point me to the right area of this forum it'd be greatly appreciated.
rwaldram
Kicking Tyres

Postby Brodieandjoelle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:01 am

Hi this is my first post but just wanted to let you know of my experience with the heading swap out.
Firstly I have a VE SS 2006, yes one of the very first.
I have completed the SSV heading swap changed the Vin and i have done the resistor mod on my new DZ hvac box.
I encounter a problem when trying to do the resistor mod on my SZ hvac. Because i have on of the first SS's the reprogramming of the hvac did not work as i had one of the first hardwares out. So only after some stuffing about i figured it was the hardware. After swapping to a 2008 DZ hvac module and doing the resistor mod, it was all able to function.
My only trouble now is i have the top screen that does not display anything. I know it said it can be changed with a tech2 which i have access too, i just don't know what i am meant to change can any one help please???
Thanks to all the people that have made this forum. With out this document i would never have been able to swap my headunit. :D
Brodieandjoelle
Newbie Modder

Postby daron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:40 pm

hey guys learner here play nice
ive been watching reading learning canbus and programming and stuffs about the ve s1 (mine) and got it to redo vin on cluster and odo and stuff now im moving to head unit and the vim disable i have done lots dumps and think im in the right area but needing a little help getting over the finish line
i dont want to upload locations or values but would like someone who has working it out to take a look for me and see if im going in the right direction please
thanx all
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:00 pm

daron wrote:hey guys learner here play nice
ive been watching reading learning canbus and programming and stuffs about the ve s1 (mine) and got it to redo vin on cluster and odo and stuff now im moving to head unit and the vim disable i have done lots dumps and think im in the right area but needing a little help getting over the finish line
i dont want to upload locations or values but would like someone who has working it out to take a look for me and see if im going in the right direction please
thanx all

Good to see your talking initiative and playing with CAN. Although, it is a steep learning curve since no matter what you do, some sort of custom programming will be required to interface with whatever device you get.

As for eeprom programming. Trial and error.. from dusk till dawn! Literally how almost everyone eventually figures out locations or purchasing 10+ units and comparing their configurations and adjusting while in car ect.

You havent posted any bins or anything. Cant even tell you if your bin is even valid without one. Best to make sure you have clean reads before writing back.. since there is no going back afterwards!
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Uploading is still busted at the moment so you will have to external upload it somewhere like dropbox or tinyupload or something like that and we can take a look ;)

Jez

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby daron » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:31 pm

yeah most nights i sit here and play with settings and bins and get errors and then it hits you where you go wrong and then it all works:) i dont have any bins only my factory one that i play with to learn
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:44 am

What errors do you get?

jezzab
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion