Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby LangasLS » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 pm

I thought this might be handy given the previously uploaded DZ HVAC bin doesn't seem to work.

Taken from a VE DZ HVAC module and was tested successfully on a SZ VE 2009 HVAC module.

Have fun :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby dougjohnson » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

LangasLS wrote:I thought this might be handy given the previously uploaded DZ HVAC bin doesn't seem to work.

Taken from a VE DZ HVAC module and was tested successfully on a SZ VE 2009 HVAC module.

Have fun :)

Still working perfectly too ;)
dougjohnson
Newbie Modder

Postby speedracer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

I am trying to understand GMLAN programming of eeprom on GM instrument cluster. Is there a series of CAN commands to read and write eeprom in instrument cluster ? Any ideas ?
speedracer
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

speedracer wrote:I am trying to understand GMLAN programming of eeprom on GM instrument cluster. Is there a series of CAN commands to read and write eeprom in instrument cluster ? Any ideas ?

As per the title, this thread is about "VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information" not instrument clusters.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:11 am

Got no info on where your up to? What device are you using to communicate over gmlan? What have you attempted?
What "GM" instrument cluster are you playing with? A VE?

You havent given much to go on mate, but as a start. Pretty much every GM clutser (Or any module) requires being unlocked first, this means you need to know the algorithm for that module before you can write anything. ;)
TazzI

Postby daron » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 pm

well after 2 years of reading learning braking things and bricking the car i finally worked it all out on my ssv 1
now i can watch my tv while drinking my coffee on the freeway:) would like to thank everyone for their input and your posts from even way back to 2011
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 pm

daron wrote:well after 2 years of reading learning braking things and bricking the car i finally worked it all out on my ssv 1
now i can watch my tv while drinking my coffee on the freeway:) would like to thank everyone for their input and your posts from even way back to 2011

Nice work!
Now the hard part starts... Being able to do everything over comms.
TazzI

Postby daron » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

yeah ill def need help for that bit so its like going to uni all over again another 2 yrs of learning
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby gruntly69 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:13 pm

MartinM wrote:and a couple of hex files

generated using QLprogen (for the QL2006 Programmer) using 93xx66 (16 bit)

BUGGER looks like there's more broken attachments, downloaded o.k. but un-zip says broken just wanted to compare to file I had here for what setup it is!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:30 am

O.k. so attached is the eeprom read for the 2007 SZ HVAC unit fitted to this car & if anyone can confirm it is a single zone file that would be great as the heater controls still don't work, but it is coming up with passenger compartment temp circuit, outside temp sensor circuit & both left/right solar sensor circuit faults.
So with those faults it leads me to believe it may be a non SZ file on eeprom.

Also don't have radio working but checked eeprom on it & the VIN does match the BCM VIN so not sure why it's not working been told if the fascia has been changed it may need to be married to it, does anyone have a process on doing that as my snap-on scan tool doesn't give me it as an option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gruntly69
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts