Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Holden VT and VX Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby TazzI » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Not actually sure, lost the paper stating all the types it does! Just remember it specifically stating 24Cxx and 93Cxx, its the one Zerone linked me to in the vy/vz thread, have to search back for it.

Im using a very VERY old computer using its serial port, probably a good excuse to upgrade and use my normal computer's usb ports.

Back to topic, the clusters probably have the VIN serial in there (just thinking of obvious things to search), you dont have the VIN num for those clusters do you?

Do VT-VX have "engineer mode"? May give some more values or ideas to look for?

Well guess its back to flipping 00's and 01's on the VY.
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 am

I wish I new how to enter engineer mode without the car, but yes it does have it by holding buttons when powered up!

Also been thinking when changing odo reading is it going to throw out the next service due warning, I had a look but I can't seem to find a last serviced at km reading or 10,000km interval?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Mon May 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Well the VT/VX clusters dont really have any other special functions or things that can be displayed on the cluster so really there's not much more reason to push on without a test car.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 am

TazzI wrote:Well the VT/VX clusters dont really have any other special functions or things that can be displayed on the cluster so really there's not much more reason to push on without a test car.

If you'd MODE and UP and the key on, it will show engineering mode. Software version, coolant temp, speed, revs, Dash codes, fuel level, sender voltage etc, instant fuel usage, etc
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby gruntly69 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 am

do you know how to send that by just bench harness set-up jezzab?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby krawczuk » Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

hi, now this is a thought :

how about using of the mileage calculators available for other makes of cars ? there might be another type of dash using the same eeprom, as a commodore ?
if you get my drift ?
mark
krawczuk
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Where the fun in that! :lol:

You get great satisfaction when you figure stuff out by yourself or with a team.

Plus holden seems to be more on the really secretive side, and not alot of that information is readily available! hence we figure it out by ourselves!.
TazzI

Postby Biggsy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 am

I have a vx triple window cluster and a vu single window cluster and they are totally different to whats shown on the photo on the first page.
The components are soldered on the opposite side of the board and there are no 8 pin chips to be seen. My guess is the information is stored inside the microcontroller's memory (84 pin chip :shock: ).

Dave.
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 am

Biggsy wrote:I have a vx triple window cluster and a vu single window cluster and they are totally different to whats shown on the photo on the first page.
The components are soldered on the opposite side of the board and there are no 8 pin chips to be seen. My guess is the information is stored inside the microcontroller's memory (84 pin chip :shock: ).
Dave.

Welcome aboard Biggsy!
Seems a bit odd as grunt was using vt/vx clusters (Im pretty sure).

Try taking a picture of the board and post it up on here, Fairly certain holden didn't dramatically change there style and get rid of the eeprom.

Will be picking up a load of clusters (vs,vt,vx,) in a couple weeks so I can join in on this, they shouldnt be too different.
TazzI

Postby Biggsy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

Just raided the local wrecker vx shelf and they are all the same, ill get a photo up tonight.
We are talking about Holden remember ;) , anything goes!.

I did a little introduction of myself on my first post in vy vz eeprom forum topic.

Dave
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts