Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby TazzI » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Been a while since last update, but that is because of the amount of work that has been pumped into SOE for a complete reconstruction!

v0.0.1.5a now available! Check the front post for download link
This version is 'alpha' release as there has been MAJOR changes to almost all routines in the application, I have thoroughly tested the program so far, but need some public testing as well.

This update addresses a few little issues including the freeze data reading on startup (removed) and it also includes transmission logging and transmission fault reading!

Along with those two new additions, the entire engine/transmission reading layout has been changed. Now engine data is to be selected first before reading. After selected all gauges can be changed to select from the list of PIDs that have been checked!

Engine an Transmission logs can now be saved and replayed! ;)
This is by far my favorite feature as you can play,rewind and fast-forward to anypoint in the log which live updates shown on the gauges!

A new graphing feature has bee implemented, it is absolutely brilliant for replaying live engine data, it displays all of the previous data allowing for a pinpoint analysis of the logged data!

PIDs,PIDs and more PIDs have been added to the collection. And a few little calculation fixes for the LS1 PIDs for better accuracy.

Seed/key search has been disabled, as I am yet to revise this section with the new routines for handing communication!

VPW_Replay.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby rfboom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:56 am

Great Work TazzI,

Big fan of Software on ELM street.

Have a question, having a look at all the PIDs, cant seem to locate anything to do with the rev limiter.

Would there be a way to count how many times the rev limiter is used in logged session?
rfboom
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:27 pm

rfboom wrote:Great Work TazzI,

Big fan of Software on ELM street.

Have a question, having a look at all the PIDs, cant seem to locate anything to do with the rev limiter.

Would there be a way to count how many times the rev limiter is used in logged session?

Do you mean hitting the max rev limit?

I think that would be all software based. As in, you would read the current rev from the car, and then in software check if that rev is the max rev amount or at least close to it.

As far as Im aware, theres no actual PID that counts how many time the top rev limit has been reached as really theres no real need for an ECU to record something like that. :D
TazzI

Postby rfboom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm

yeah, max rev limit as set by the tune.

Reason would be curious as to how many times someone would hit the limiter during a burnout comp for example. I swear some people would hit it a hundred times in less than 2 minutes.

But yeah, via software, if aware of the what the limiter is set to, set a count for each time this value is reached or exceeded. Thereotically, the injector pulse width signal would be giving drastically changing values as the limiter is a fuel cut.
rfboom
Newbie Modder

Postby Gazz292 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 am

I know i'm replying 2 years late, and my info is likely useless....

just the rev limiter thing... im in england and have a vauxhall meriva.. with a tiny diesel engine in it, and recently bought an opcom obdii reader, they are specific to opel/vauxhal european cars, it basically gives a point and click interface to do most things like move engine actuators, code certain things to the vehicle, read live data etc, reading the gm specific data of course.

When messing with the data from it, it noticed i had a reading for if the engine had ever over revved, and how many times etc... i triggered that driving in limp home mode (where the turbo was cut out) ...so i was having to go to max revs to get anywhere, and sometime i must have somehow gone over slightly... max revs for my engine is 4700 rpm, and it was logged that i'd hit a whopping 4721rpm once... woooooo

This was also logged as a DTC i recall, so there is at least a dtc that records if you over rev even by a tiny amount,

sorry if this is useless
Gazz292
Newbie Modder

Postby whirligigs » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 am

TazzI wrote:Software on ELM Street

Download the latest version from here (v0.0.1.6)

Licenses are FREE to forum contributors, please contact me for your unique (one time use) serial.
For everyone else, please contact me for pricing and availability!

ChangeLog
10/06/2015 - v0.0.1.5a
• Removed MX wifi (still work to be done!)
• Removed Freeze data from startup connection
• Rewritten ELM327 communication handler
• Added Transmission fault/PID reads to startup connection
• Rewritten Engine logging routines
• Added more supported Engine PIDs!
• Fixed a couple LS1 PID calculations
• Added TRANSMISSION Logging capabilities
• Added TRANSMISSION fault reading (No definitions added just yet)
• Added Save/Load and replay options
• Disabled seed/key (Not yet completed with new routines)

14/03/2015 - v0.0.1.4
• Added support for the amazing OBDLink MX WIFI - Complete custom connectionroutines down pack!
• MAJOR change to how ALL error catching is made in program
• Fixed issue with failing freeze frame causes error on other startup info
• Refined various routines
• More major changes to Freeze frame capture. Loops through different timeout values

07/03/2015 - v0.0.1.3
• New vehicles supported added: VZ LS2 V8, VE V6, VE V8
• Refined Freeze frame for CAN vehicles further.
• Begun adding Advanced Freeze frame screen (See freeze frame codes and data)
• New support for OBDLink MX tool (May be the newly recommended tool)
• Overall changes to application to reduce "False" antivirus reports (Norton has no issues)
• Clearing faults on both VPW and CAN vehicles implented

22/02/2015 - v0.0.1.2
• MAJOR update on LS1 fault code reading. Significant error in obtaining correct fault code. This has now been resolved!

22/02/2015 - v0.0.1.1
• CAN Freeze frame complete rework
• Repair minor bug with LS1 freeze frame
• Added LS1 PID's (Calculations still being added)
• Slight changes on serial/vin reading for LS1.

22/02/2015 - v0.0.1.0
• Fixed small mistake with new 500,000 baud update.
• Small changes to "auto detect" sequence, including delays and also timeout parameter to prevent hangning
• Completely redid fault code definitions for LS1 and VZ V6. All GM faults for these ecus have been added.
• Fault clearing routine completed, not yet added to the clear button (next release)
• Remodelled VIN and Serial receive routines. Should work on E38,E40 and other ecus now (Untested change!)

8/02/2015 - v0.0.0.9
• Added 500,000baud option for the fastest possible logging experience.
• Tweaks to cosmetics

4/02/2015 - v0.0.0.8
• Added icons to side navigation bars
• Complete reconstruction of side bar UI to prevent "flashing" controls
• Reworked "Auto Detect" function. Works very well and fast.
• Removed "Restore to defaults" on connection (caused more problems then helped)
• Removed "Disable Chatter" function in startup vehicle data reading to prevent warnings on dash
• Added more detailed error reporting
• Tweaks to the Engine Data reading
• Added other CAN protocols back in for "raw logging"
• Added GMLAN protocol (Standard ELM device does not work!)

9/01/2015 - v0.0.0.7
• Added Save/backup log for key searching routine
• Retry/Skip/Cancel messagebox applied to connection procedure to bypass any unknown faults
• Tweaked the 115200baud enable routine.. for greater stability
• Minor changes to Engine data logging routine
• Additional error captures for freeze frame section applied to narrow down unknown responses in both LS1 and VZ vehicles
whirligigs
Newbie Modder

Postby aczlan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 am

I am curious, will this show codes and diagnostics for a 2005 GMC Yukon when used with a OBDLink MX Bluetooth? We have one that has a seat heater that is randomly going on/off and I am trying to see if it thinks that the seat heater button is being pushed, or what.

Thanks

Aaron Z
aczlan
Newbie Modder

Previous

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts