Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

BCM, PIM, ECU Linking Problems

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby IL1CIT » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:50 pm

The guy couldnt keep his original BCM + Key as he wanted to upgrade to climate so went to a Lux BCM,

So he purchased a hsv loom (ess) , pim, ecu, ecm and engine from a wrecker but the wrecker didn't have a matching BCM so he purchased a non matching BCM and key (But with no BCM code or VIN!!)

Becoming a major headf%$k when this guy thinks he knows what he is on about :evil:

Will have to show him the ess photo as he has no clue if he fitted it

Would be good if we could bypass the ess that's for sure so we will see :)
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 pm

To be honest.. Sounds like it would be easier to just disable VATS. No more of the is mucking around required. As long as some keys are coded for lock/unlock it should be all sweet
TazzI

Postby IL1CIT » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Not an option for him unfortunately (n)
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Whys that?
Might be the only option if the HSV security module causes dramas.
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Disabling VATS could be a very good option, but, being a VZ you will probably have issues with things like the fuel gauge not working and communication issues between modules. If the ISS module in the VZ works how I think it does, it will cut the serial coms lines if the key code is incorrect.

Easy way to tell if it has an ISS module - does it beep when you turn the ignition on?
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby IL1CIT » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 pm

The guy just doesn't like the idea :( its his baby and he wants it working the way it should it seems.

Thinking it may be easier for him to put in a non hsv loom and do it that way, this auto elec i am working with it on had to link the key and this guys bcm on his test bench as it was not allowing it in car.

Have you guys heard of a Lec decoder (code)?

Will be heading out to the car tuesday nigh i will check for the beeps, he is an hours drive so making things hard to test,

Did you get a chance to get a photo of the Iss/ess module Tazzi?

I think the Iss/Ess module is cuting the ignition status also.

Ill report back more tuesday night :)
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:10 pm

LangasLS wrote:Disabling VATS could be a very good option, but, being a VZ you will probably have issues with things like the fuel gauge not working and communication issues between modules. If the ISS module in the VZ works how I think it does, it will cut the serial coms lines if the key code is incorrect.

Easy way to tell if it has an ISS module - does it beep when you turn the ignition on?

Yeah, I figured it will be the only way.
I literally just went through every diagram I could find.. and theres absolutely nothing. Looked at all the pinouts for the BCM,ECU and PIM. And none of which state any "device" attached to them.
Hmmm.. The security module cant be cutting power to the ECU,PIM or BCM otherwise all other functions in the car would go haywire from missing communication. Like you get if you power a cluster up on bench with nothing attached.. alarm central! :lol:

IL1CIT wrote:The guy just doesn't like the idea :( its his baby and he wants it working the way it should it seems.

Thinking it may be easier for him to put in a non hsv loom and do it that way, this auto elec i am working with it on had to link the key and this guys bcm on his test bench as it was not allowing it in car.

Have you guys heard of a Lec decoder (code)?

Will be heading out to the car tuesday nigh i will check for the beeps, he is an hours drive so making things hard to test,

Did you get a chance to get a photo of the Iss/ess module Tazzi?

I think the Iss/Ess module is cuting the ignition status also.

Ill report back more tuesday night :)

The guy probably doesnt know whats best for him! :lol:
The old saying, beggers cant be choosers!

Itll be a shitload more expensive to replace the entire loom ect then it would be to try disabling VATS. Literally a couple buttons need to be pressed in suitable tuning software.
But removing the entire "HSV" from the situation will make it more simple. Will just be link any other standard car to get it all linked up.

Ahhhh.. no clue on the decoder thingy!

Bit iffy that his tools weren't letting him in car. Was it giving intermittent messages saying "loss communication"?. ALDL is kinda busy, I find on my bench setup with everything connected, even the tech2 gets lost/confused sometimes depending how much is being spammed. Key programming is time sensitive with the bcm so it could be his tools couldnt keep up in car.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Havent had time to scrabble through all the parts Iv got to find the module. But the one I have is a slim rectangular box with roughly 6 completely black wires coming out.
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 am

TazzI wrote:The security module cant be cutting power to the ECU,PIM or BCM otherwise all other functions in the car would go haywire from missing communication. Like you get if you power a cluster up on bench with nothing attached.. alarm central! :lol:

That is exactly what happens with earlier ISS systems anyway - haywire if the key can not be read.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:04 am

The PIM must be reset in the original car it came from, before fitting it to another car, The PIM can also only be reset a maximum of eight times. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts