Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

BCM, PIM, ECU Linking Problems

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby TazzI » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

IL1CIT wrote:Sorry about the delay been flat out and other things have been on my mind.

Didn't get to look at it again as he ended up taking it to a mate of his that works for Holden... Apparently his friend was able to link all modules on his bench setup and bypass the ISS security without touching the loom or module.

I don't know how but he did apparently;

"I asked him how he by pass it he said he learnt years ago , and I asked how cause there's no diagram for it and he said exactly... He won't say but I guess if he got it done then that's his secret"

Unsure if he did manage to do it or just disabled Vats and pretended he did it the correct way.

Pretty annoying though that i couldn't figure it out

Disabling VATS doesnt work ;)

But yes, like I said before. All the wires are black. Literally all black!. And there are no diagrams for it either. So takes some good magical effort to suss it out!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 pm

LangasLS wrote:At a guess he just linked all the modules. Once the BCM and Key are linked and happily in bed together ISS will be happy. Once the ECU+PIM are linked VATS will be happy.

All modules were linked, but still didnt satisfy the ESS module. I think thats custom programmed by HSV from factory and cant be reprogrammed without special HSV tools. Pretty much like anything HSV made... can only be modified by them.

I have one here.. and couldnt work out anything in it. Couldnt obtain info from flash ect so it literally is like black magic getting that figured out :lol:
TazzI

Postby IL1CIT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Yeah the owner didn't want Vats removed but maybe he doesn't even know haha

Modules were linked but ISS was still causing issues before it went to this other guy
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Previous

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts