Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby daron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:51 pm

well that sucked couldn't do my ve cause programmer didn't do 95*** chip so bought bigger and better programmer but while i was waiting got to learn on a vy dash to change numbers and text and logo so so far alls good now just been playing with my ve one and seems similar to program
wonder if i can change the welcome start up logo to custom
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 pm

daron wrote:well that sucked couldn't do my ve cause programmer didn't do 95*** chip so bought bigger and better programmer but while i was waiting got to learn on a vy dash to change numbers and text and logo so so far alls good now just been playing with my ve one and seems similar to program
wonder if i can change the welcome start up logo to custom

By startup logo.. you mean the "Welcome" message on the VE cluster?

I can tell you now, eeprom isnt going to help you there!
TazzI

Postby daron » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:20 pm

thanx tazzi bit of a bugger that would have been good
well after lots bells and whistles going off after putting cluster back in i couldn't remove abs fault light so used my tech 2 still couldn't clear it o put old bin back on and it worked fine so went through changed bin and found 1 little number wrong and the whole thing shits itself but its all about learning and got there in the end
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby daron » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:54 pm

well after a few weeks of playing with pre9.5 and reading dumps and reading this forum over and over im pretty sure Ive nailed changes what i want to make, now to hit 9.5 black covered dashes
first impressions wow totally different much smaller dump files and different chip (24c04w)
i got 2 dumps and comparing files for odo locations so far looks like only 2-3 lines to change not 30 like white clusters
hope on on track if anyone wants to guide that would be great
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby daron » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:04 pm

*bangs head on table*......................................... that is all
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:24 pm

daron wrote:*bangs head on table*......................................... that is all

Made my day.

I take it the new clusters are a bit harder than expected?
TazzI

Postby daron » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

hehe yeah im sure ppl have worked it out im just trying alone and its starting to hurt but alls good ill get there
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby daron » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:24 pm

im not sure if going in the right direction but got it down to 1 line only to go
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 am

Keep fighting the good fight! I know they can be done, but I have no idea how the algorithm works for them.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:41 am

LangasLS wrote:Keep fighting the good fight! I know they can be done, but I have no idea how the algorithm works for them.

Only true way of figuring it out I think is to do take a reading every km. Would take a good 100+ kms to ensure they arent any little notches along the way to trip people up.

Been hoping to do that for a while on the bench!. If doing about 1read/minute, would get at least 120reads. ;)
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts