Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby oldn64 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello All,

Ok i suspect this is the wrong place to post this I am hoping with all the cluster detail you have all been playing with there might be a good thought process here or even someone who has experienced the issue.

I have a 2011 S2 SS manual wagon. Currently I have two issues which I believe are related. First is that I have my dash going black occasionally and as if it is rebooting while driving. I cannot reproduce the problem all the time and it never happens when the dash is on the passenger seat (yes I have removed the dash to diagnose with extended harnesses (headache).

SO i have checked all wiring and monitored all voltage things look stable. I believe this cluster to be the original (however, I am not sure how to verify this). Car has 97,000 ish klms and looks new, so i am not suggesting foul play. after checking everything I am at wits end as to why this is occuring.

The second issue is that I get a check oil light flash up occasionally as well. This can be a single beep with a flash, or two beep and proper oil display. I have replaced the filter and the oil pressure sender and still get the problem. I have made sure all wiring is seated on the sensor and that I am getting signal from the unit. Sender unit was only changed because it was suspected that it was the issue. Oil pressure has been checked and is all good, not a data at all. If I drive at 110kmh in 6th it chimes every 3ish klms randomly, if in 5th no chimes until decel. I can assure that there is oil pressure and the car is not starving for oil. Gauge tells me it is all fine. Only reason I have replaced the oil filter as I have had issues with the racecar and a failed oil filter before.

I know my wife did flatten the battery a month ago and I went through the process of charging and cycling the battery at home once I got the car there. I really dont like just replacing parts but I am starting to get to the stage I might have too. I really dont want to go down the line of replacing the dash either as I am not tooled up yet to do a dash replacement nor do I think this will be an easy conversion. This SS is a once off, and has been verified by Holden themselves. (was a demonstrator and has a lot of the Calais options installed (including the cream interior of the tradition black).

This is my baby after my last one was stolen so I am very much wanting to try and resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
oldn64
oldn64
Newbie Modder

Postby steatedbare » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi all

I am trying to find some support on how to install a new instrument cluster on my MK7 fiesta, I have managed to get hold of a replacement cluster second hand, and have made a backup of the current cluster, but I had trouble re-loading it onto the replacement cluster, and then when I managed to get both clusters looking the same in the central config, I am now getting ABS errors on the new cluster but when I go back to the old one everything is ok.

Also is there an option to correct the millage on the new cluster so it’s the same as my old one?

I haven’t done the PATS programing yet would this be causing the ABS issue or is there something else I need to be doing?

Cheers

Jonathan
steatedbare
Newbie Modder

Previous

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts