Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby Cobalt » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Just thought id add to the mix...

Part Number - 92207180
2007 Series 1 Berlina V6 Auto
108000K's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cobalt
Kicking Tyres

Postby WIKED » Mon May 13, 2013 10:54 am

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party but here is mine if needed.

Part Number: 92222129
E1 HSV GTS Auto
55,150km's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WIKED
Starting Ignition

Postby vpgts076 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to this process, I have been toying with Vn - vs cluster for a while with great success.

Attached is a dump of a VE SV6 cluster and am having trouble locating memory address which look farmiliar to table.

It took me a while to get dump as the guide states a 95XXX EEprom however mine is a 24XXX EEprom.

Can anybody confirm why?

Any help would be great..

Thanks
Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby doubledip » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Will be a series 1 my9.5 BSI

Went to VDO cluster black back. The 95xxx chip is pre 9.5 aust arrow cluster
doubledip

Postby vpgts076 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Thank you.

Can anybody help with a quick crash course in reading and modding files????

I mostly do Auto to Manual conversions.

Thanks

Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby doubledip » Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Bin is set as

4 door
3.6 L V6 (LLT)
6 Speed Automatic RWD (6L50E) MYB
FE2
ESP (JL4)
PRNDL - Auto
MRC - Not fitted

P# 92257286
doubledip

Postby vpgts076 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:18 am

Hi Mate,

Is there an update list as below link doesn't show any of these options...

doc-holden-commodore-ve-programming-cluster-eeproms-d57m19.html

Thanks
Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby ZerOne » Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Daniel,

Its best to think of that document as a primer only.
It is basically a collection of what is currently known (and shared amongst those people that have contributed information).

For most people, once they get a cluster programmed and working for their specific application, then the testing and research stops at that point.
(The reasons for this are varied, but typically the people playing around with this sort of stuff only have access to the one vehicle, their own.
So you are not going to see much in the way of people working out specific locations for ecotec, 3.0L 3.6L SIDI, L98, L76, LS2, LS3, 4 speed, 5 speed 6 speed Autos, and 6 speed manuals, sedans, wagons, utes, and LWB models.

(Its more a case of hey, I got this working on my car, and here is what I did - I hope this works for you kind of thing).

The hope here is to share as much information as possible (Hence the reason that we kindly request that people share the EEPROMs from clusters that they have been able to rip the EEPROM from), so as at least there is a base that can be worked from.

If you need to convert clusters on a professional level, (I.E. you want something that is not going to require hours and hours to trial and test programming for each specific application), then my suggestion is either find someone that does this service professionally (Like Ultimate Conversion Wiring), or invest heavily in some Tech2 gear.

To give you an idea of what is involved in getting a cluster working for a specific application,
1) You need to be able to get a dump of the EEPROM from the cluster that you will be working on.
2) You need to copy and paste data from a cluster that is currently working in the car, to the cluster you want to get working on the other car.
In the case of carrying out an engine conversion, your best bet is to find an EEPROM dump from a cluster that is from a car with as similar specs as to the car that you will be fitting the cluster to. (Engine, Transmission, Airbags, Sedan/Wagon/Ute/LWB, etc, etc), and copy date from that EEPROM, to the cluster, and hopefully get the thing working that way...

Unfortunately, the website will serve only as a guide on how to this sort of stuff, and its only really going to be beneficial to those that have the time to invest in working this sort of stuff out.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Fekason » Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi to all,

When I retro-fitted a three window cluster to my VS II, I was able to calibrate the trip computer for distance (trip meter but no effect on odometer) and fuel used to get the outputs very accurate.

I am surprised to find that the trip computers in the VE are not as accurate as I think they could be. My MY09 was about 4% optimistic, my MY11 was about 4% pessimistic (that was a surpise), and now my MY12.5 is looking about 6 to 8% optimistic.

I would like to get the trip computer outputs reasonably accurate. There does not seem to be any avenue to achieve this provided through the vehicle customization.

Can anyone advise of a way to achieve this for my MY12.5?

Thanks in advance.
Fekason
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 am

I have noticed with my S!! sv6 wagon, If I fill up & go on the highway straight away (long trip) it works out dead accurate on the next fill up. If I drive around town a bit first, then the highway, the trip computer is not accurate on the next fill up. Before I fill up I go into engineering mode to get the exact litres left in the tank & most the time it's perfect to what the fuel bowser says. Another thing I have noticed is that the VE doe's not recalibrate the trip computer as often as my VXII Berlina. For example, say the VX recalibrates the trip computer every 40k's & then VE recalibrates every 60k's.(not exact k's but just a rough idea) For example, you might be a few k's short of the trip comp recalibrating therefore giving you the couple of percent difference. I am not 100% sure, but I have heard that the trip computer also uses the average from the last tank with the new tank of fuel. If so that may give a slight difference.
silversv6
Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts