Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

IQ stereo in Series 1

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby WIKED » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:47 pm

EDi all connected up a few weeks ago. I shouldn't have done it really as now I am too impatient for you guys to nut it out haha.
It's ok as I know you guys are busy doing your other stuff.

WIKED
Starting Ignition

Postby pike1987 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Hey man that edi is looking good
pike1987
Newbie Modder

Postby WIKED » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Yep still looking the same these days. I havent heard anything more on Justin or Jez getting it to work fully. It may never ever happen and I guess the more time it is the less likely as we will all be driving VF's soon haha

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
WIKED
Starting Ignition

Postby Coxy2097 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm

hi,

i was just wondering what interior parts would be needed to the conversion.. I would hate to be half way through installing it and realise I'm missing a trim piece
Coxy2097
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:09 pm

What's it going into? Omega, SV, Calais? does it have climate control?
Ultimate conversion wiring do these as a kit & can also do the VIN programming to suit your car if you source it elsewhere.
http://www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Coxy2097 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Sorry; it'll be going an manual SV6. I have seen the work ultimate wiring conversions do and I'll be definitely getting them to atleast do the vin programming. I would get the kit from them but I would like to get navigation which will be a lot cheaper id assume if I got the right unit and trim from the wreckers
Coxy2097
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Coxy2097 wrote:Sorry; it'll be going an manual SV6. I have seen the work ultimate wiring conversions do and I'll be definitely getting them to atleast do the vin programming. I would get the kit from them but I would like to get navigation which will be a lot cheaper id assume if I got the right unit and trim from the wreckers

When it comes to the VE's, if your going to try and fit a different radio, your going to either have to pay the extra to get the work done, or do a lot of work to figure it out your self. So your options really are:

a) doing a lot of research and filtering through the large threads on here informing you of what exactly needs to be changed (including any facia bits) and the programming requirements.. which then means your going to have to work out what needs to be programmed, the hex locations, obtaining the equipment to make the changes and the other bits and pieces inbetween. Or if you dont want to do that, the unit then needs to be shipped to someone with the capabilities of doing this which again is going to cost alot of shipping and the work to be completed

Or b) Pay the extra for a unit that is prepared and ready to go.. plug and play into your car with no hassles.

There isnt a "How To" guide for fitting and reprogramming these units so unless you like to get down and dirty into hacking/reverse engineering radios.. then I know which option Id go for ;)

*Note
And before its said, Im not trying to be a salesmen as im not the owner of customwiringconversions. I just know top work comes from there. :)
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 pm

silversv6 wrote:Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?

Thats definately a question that probably Zerone,Jezza or Doubledip can answer.

Im still piddling away with vt/vx/vy/vz commodores :D
TazzI

Postby doubledip » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm

TazzI wrote:
silversv6 wrote:Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?

Thats definately a question that probably Zerone,Jezza or Doubledip can answer.

Im still piddling away with vt/vx/vy/vz commodores :D

yes hvac still needs modifying.... in a series 2 car all have IQ and dual zone unlike series 1
doubledip

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts