Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Sun May 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Time to move onto something a bit more modern!
Since I dont have an FG to tinker with, this will be a bit more difficult.

Spent the day scouting out the FG's.. and from what I see theres 3 main ICC's for the Fords:
- Stock standard.. black and whiteish screen
- Mark1 colour screen (Non touch)
- Mark2 colour touchscreen

So from what Iv found between all the different units, the main mods and upgrades Im keen to work out on these are:
- Remote security linking models to new car.
- FPV logo on MK1 and MK2 units (Custom if possible)
- Reverse Camera
- DVD Player
- Navigation

And also obviously getting a MK2 headunit to happily go into a MK1 FG.

The FPV FG's have a much nicer starter button then the BA/BF's. From my (VERY!) quick dismantling in car.. looks like the button is literally just attaching to the ignition wires. Hence why its a 'start engine' button only and doesnt also stop it. As the cars body module/ECU prevents the starter from engaging again after the engines started... just like the BA/BFs ;)

Have variety of FG parts on the way, FG FPV MK1 colour unit and normal MK1 colour unit. So one has reverse camera and FPV, whereas the other has neither so hopefully the comparison will shed some light there!

Wiring diagrams are next on the to-do list. :)
TazzI

Postby GoFastBits » Sun May 22, 2016 5:44 pm

I think i've got aftermarket FG wiring diagrams at work, probably series 1 only though
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed May 25, 2016 9:44 am

GoFastBits wrote:I think i've got aftermarket FG wiring diagrams at work, probably series 1 only though

Iv got the factory manuals now, just a matter of comparing the pinouts between the Mk1 non colour, Mk1 colour and Mk2 colour touchscreen.

Im noticing more and more of these Mk1 to Mk2 cables popping up. Best bet is theres probably a couple resistors need to emulate some senors or need to be tied to ground.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Saw this picture....

Soooo... there are a few logos tucked away in the headunits...

Also... this beauty...
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Soooo... if Ford has made it... it can be done to the other units too ;)
Im itching to get an MK2 ICC now.

Might not be in the older style units.. but Id guess flashing it with FPV will get somewhere 8-)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Right.. found some GTF vins...Should come in handy later.

Sooo.. what I can find
2014 Num 67 - 6FPAAAJGSWEM6####
2014 Num 137 - 6FPAAAJGSWEM67500
2014 Num 221 - 6FPAAAJGSWEP68256
2014 Num 367 - 6FPAAAJGSWEP69980 (History Report: Car Report)
2014 Num 390 - 6FPAAAJGSWEB70368
2014 Num 499 - 6FPAAAJGSWEB71392

The car with history reports only moved 27kms! Unreal!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Had a nice chat with the Fords tech department, and the updates are a couple gigbytes in size!! :lol:
Thats absolutely enormous. Theres also apparently apps which can be added to the system too.

Sounds like theres alot of potential in these units that arent being used at all.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Had another good phone call with a different Ford dealership..

Requested getting an FG ICC flashed, and first got told it cant be done :lol:
I quoted back the procedure required for updating and was then told its only done if there is a problem with the ICC.

Guessing they dont like doing it as it probably takes hours to download the multiple gigabyte update. Looks like I need a Ford mechanic/techy friend!!
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:07 am

FG MK2 icc can only be reflashed (updated) via the USB port on the vehicle using the ford ids. Depending on what series the radio is depends on the time of the software update. High series (with sat nav) takes about an hour max to do a software update. There is the odd icc that will not accept the software update and needs to sent out to be repaired.

FG MK1 there's no icc reflash for it at all only configuring settings for different series eg (reverse camera )

FG MK2 Satnav is built in to the icc so if it doesn't have the circuit board for the Nav can't be activated
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:13 pm

fg6e wrote:FG MK2 icc can only be reflashed (updated) via the USB port on the vehicle using the ford ids. Depending on what series the radio is depends on the time of the software update. High series (with sat nav) takes about an hour max to do a software update. There is the odd icc that will not accept the software update and needs to sent out to be repaired.

FG MK1 there's no icc reflash for it at all only configuring settings for different series eg (reverse camera )

FG MK2 Satnav is built in to the icc so if it doesn't have the circuit board for the Nav can't be activated

Glad to hear someone else can confirm that also. :)
Im more interested in activating the FPV options in a stock standard MK2 ICC's. Im sure with the right tinkering, it will be
possible.
I imagine most of that updating time is actually the download. The modern VF's are like that also, takes ages for the download of the files then plug in the USB for the update.

Its odd that different Ford places give different answers. I guess its not a common thing to get done.
TazzI

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts