Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby joshadams145 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Hey guys,

I have a sync 2 conversion from a fix xr6 for sale. $1200 for the lot!
The following is included in the sale.:
Fgx icc and top cover
Fgx him
Fgx bem
Fgx dash board and loom
Fgx dash cluster
Fgx pcm. (Manual trans)
I can also supply the Fgx main loom if needed but it has been cut at the firewall :/

All located in kadina sa
I also have Ford ids handy if needs be.

I brought the Fgx wrecked for a manual conversion for my mk1 that already has a mkii icc and I could not be stuffed converting to sync ii lol
joshadams145
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Just bought a MK1 FG. :D

Im hoping to try do this all in a logical order.. so mess with the current MK1 colour unit... then MK2 touchscreen.. and finally sync2, since sync2 is going to require a bit of cutting at the back from what I understand.

Thinking Im going to make an extension harness so I can power the Sync2 outside of the car off of the OBD2 port just for testing purposes until its time for its final placement in the car.

Slightly off topic of ICCs..
I actually picked up a FPV GS.. and honestly, am loving it. The throttle response is extremely sensitive and braking is firm and strong. In comparison to the VE SS Ute, which has 'lag' with throttle response which does annoy me a bit!

Also amazed at the difference in fuel economy. Im assuming its tuned based? But the old BA XR8 was doing about 15+L/100kms which seemed to be what most people got reading up on forums, alot of people claiming 18-20L/100kms which is incredibly high.
After dealing with so many cars, Iv noticed all the stock BA XR8s also smelt a bit fuely at the exhaust, so seems to be a common kinda thing for them.
I was expecting the same deal with the FGs, but so far the FPV is doing around 11-12L/100kms.

If anyone has more input on the difference between the BA and FG 5.4L V8s, Id be interested to hear!
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:28 pm

TazzI wrote:Just bought a MK1 FG. :D

Im hoping to try do this all in a logical order.. so mess with the current MK1 colour unit... then MK2 touchscreen.. and finally sync2, since sync2 is going to require a bit of cutting at the back from what I understand.

Thinking Im going to make an extension harness so I can power the Sync2 outside of the car off of the OBD2 port just for testing purposes until its time for its final placement in the car.

Slightly off topic of ICCs..
I actually picked up a FPV GSC.. and honestly, am loving it. The throttle response is extremely sensitive and braking is firm and strong. In comparison to the VE SS Ute, which has 'lag' with throttle response which does annoy me a bit!

Also amazed at the difference in fuel economy. Im assuming its tuned based? But the old BA XR8 was doing about 15+L/100kms which seemed to be what most people got reading up on forums, alot of people claiming 18-20L/100kms which is incredibly high.
After dealing with so many cars, Iv noticed all the stock BA XR8s also smelt a bit fuely at the exhaust, so seems to be a common kinda thing for them.
I was expecting the same deal with the FGs, but so far the FPV is doing around 11-12L/100kms.

If anyone has more input on the difference between the BA and FG 5.4L V8s, Id be interested to hear!

Fords have always liked a rich tune. i was under the impression that they went away from the 5.4 in the fg's and went back to the coyote 5.0L could be wrong there tho.

Whats the FPV GSC
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Robertau wrote:Fords have always liked a rich tune. i was under the impression that they went away from the 5.4 in the fg's and went back to the coyote 5.0L could be wrong there tho.

Whats the FPV GS

The 5.4L were used up to.. 2010.. I think!

The 5.0L supercharged V8s were used from after that.

Honestly.. I know next to nothing about the GS. All I know is its embroided into the seats :lol:

Trying to find more information out about them.
TazzI

Postby Dicko101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 am

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while, just checking in now and then. I did read back a few pages but it's hard to grasp where things are at, are we getting close to an fg2/fgx icc into an fg1? It looks like some of you are almost there, I'm itching to buy a kit to convert mine when it's working.
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 am

Dicko101 wrote:Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while, just checking in now and then. I did read back a few pages but it's hard to grasp where things are at, are we getting close to an fg2/fgx icc into an fg1? It looks like some of you are almost there, I'm itching to buy a kit to convert mine when it's working.

Yeah, heaps of progress has been made.

The Sync2 can now be kept awake in car and a few other bits and bobs.

Theres still a few other luxuries that need to be nutted out, but its only a matter of time ;)
TazzI

Postby Dicko101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:26 pm

TazzI wrote:
Dicko101 wrote:Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while, just checking in now and then. I did read back a few pages but it's hard to grasp where things are at, are we getting close to an fg2/fgx icc into an fg1? It looks like some of you are almost there, I'm itching to buy a kit to convert mine when it's working.

Yeah, heaps of progress has been made.

The Sync2 can now be kept awake in car and a few other bits and bobs.

Theres still a few other luxuries that need to be nutted out, but its only a matter of time ;)

Sounds awesome, can't wait.
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm

So, my FPV got smashed into the other day. Wont be seeing it until mid January.. which does kinda put a hold on progress.

BUT, I wouldnt have made leaps in other fields if that hadnt have happened.. so its a blessing hidden in a catastrophic event :lol:

Iv now reverse engineered all the security algos for various FG modules. For the technically inclined, this involved brute-forcing a 1+trillion combination to find the 'salt' to the algorithm.

Just how bigs 1trillion... well... its... 1,000,000,000,000 combinations :o
The average CPU can smash out around 20,000 combos per second (depending on code efficiency).. which equates to around 636 days to try every combo!
Originally I left my application running for a day.. then realised just how long it was going to take.. so.. another course of action was needed.

Next comes the investment, 3k in graphics cards! 8-)
GPUs are thousands of times faster at processing.. so taking advantage of that.. we can crunch some serious numbers and get through them fairly quick. ;)
TazzI

Postby FG2LPI » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 pm

hey guys, been reading this whole thread and am amazed at the progress. Adding a FGX Sync 2 is something I definitely want to do to my FG 2 LPI Falcon.

So far I have a FG X ICC, FG X BEM and an FG X dash loom. What else will i need to make this work in my FG 2 ?.
FG2LPI
Newbie Modder

Postby JeffDav » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm

FG2LPI wrote:hey guys, been reading this whole thread and am amazed at the progress. Adding a FGX Sync 2 is something I definitely want to do to my FG 2 LPI Falcon.

So far I have a FG X ICC, FG X BEM and an FG X dash loom. What else will i need to make this work in my FG 2 ?.

Just a grinder and spare time..... also a SLDC module and GPSM, you wont need the BEM.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts