Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby SMASHPALACE » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi guys,
First of all i would like to thank you all for the infomation on this thread about fitting a fgx sync system to a fg falcon .
I finally bite the bullet and bought a fgx icc a dash harness and a gateway , bcm custer and a few other bits .
I fitted the fgc harness and the gateway module with the new icc and it powers up with the key but when i start the car is get a u2300-51 code and it looks like i need to reprogram the abs control unit ???.does anyone know what scan tool will do that or should i buy a china ford vcm ?. Or failing that is anyone in Canberra or sydney i could pay to help me ?.
Ps the car is a mark 2 fg and i didnt have to reprogram the icc to get it to work.
Thanks again
Stuart
SMASHPALACE
Newbie Modder

Postby JeffDav » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 pm

SMASHPALACE wrote:Hi guys,
First of all i would like to thank you all for the infomation on this thread about fitting a fgx sync system to a fg falcon .
I finally bite the bullet and bought a fgx icc a dash harness and a gateway , bcm custer and a few other bits .
I fitted the fgc harness and the gateway module with the new icc and it powers up with the key but when i start the car is get a u2300-51 code and it looks like i need to reprogram the abs control unit ???.does anyone know what scan tool will do that or should i buy a china ford vcm ?. Or failing that is anyone in Canberra or sydney i could pay to help me ?.
Ps the car is a mark 2 fg and i didnt have to reprogram the icc to get it to work.
Thanks again
Stuart

Pretty standard for most things on the MK-2, you will need to perform all the ABS calibrations yaw, sas, ect, as far as i know this can only be done with the IDS, so either Ford or a china IDS.

Forscan cant do this.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby SMASHPALACE » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi JeffDav,
Thanks for the reply .
Iwas going to buy a chinese ids but they seam too cheap ie $200 Im worried i might brick one of the modules.
Has anyone had any success with the aliexpress chinese ids ?.
Thanks
Stuart
SMASHPALACE
Newbie Modder

Postby JeffDav » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm

i got a $130 ebay job and it works fine (Software was a lot of mucking around), you wont brick any modules performing any service procedures, diagnostics, resets, ect but defenatley would not use it for flashing any modules as they are known sometime to fail and if you brick the PCM its a tow to ford as the mk2 and fgx keys cant be programed without the ids and a ford login (Dealer only).
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby SMASHPALACE » Tue May 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Thanks again for the reply Jeffdav.
I got my chinese vcm2 and im have enormous issues with the software, but im hoping i get it sorted some time .
Then i can try the calabrations , im a little worried as i tryed a snapon solus and did the calabrations for the steering angle sensor and the yaw sensors but it didn't clear the codes.
SMASHPALACE
Newbie Modder

Postby Jehu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi guys. I've been looking to do this mod or the MKII for a while now. What progress have you made since the last post? Is there a list of parts that we need? I read through the entire thread and am still digesting it all.
Jehu
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 am

Jehu wrote:Hi guys. I've been looking to do this mod or the MKII for a while now. What progress have you made since the last post? Is there a list of parts that we need? I read through the entire thread and am still digesting it all.

For MK2 ICC upgrade, you need:
- A patch loom
- MK2 HIM
- Programming.
TazzI

Postby Jehu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:00 pm

I was looking to do the FGX mod. I've also got a VCX Nano for programming if needed.
Jehu
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Jeff has got it working by changing out all the main parts with FGX components. Including dash harness, HIM, ICC, Cluster and ECU (I think off the top of my head?), This is probably the more expensive, but less complex way of doing it.

fg6e and I came up with a solution that had the FGX Sync2 working 99% of the way, including reverse camera. This did require installing a permanent custom CAN box into the car which interpreted live data and output required information for the Sync2 to operate correctly.

The things that were missing were basically non-essential, such as auto dimming and a few other little bits and bobs, but Im fairly certain fg6e said he had figured those bits out too, but I have been unavailable to amend our custom box.

Fg6e did a HUGE amount of work for all this, has quite literally spent entire nights staring at live data, testing byte to byte and driving around with a laptop on the passenger seat fro weeks at a time! :lol:

So its not completed or available yet. As I'm not in the business of selling items that are not completely finished.
TazzI

Postby Jehu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:36 pm

That's what I've gathered from reading this thread. Either replace everything with FGX parts or go with a CAN bus box. I'd probably be more inclined to go with the latter and was wondering if anyone had made anymore advances in that direction. I understand that I'd need an SDLC module too?
Jehu
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts