Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

GM Lan Single Wire CAN Bus Sniffing

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby mike6789 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:24 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I am trying to spoof the wheel speeds on my Chevy through the CAN bus.

I am able to log the CAN packets in the form of 0x00 00 0A RB D0 D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 and send back similar packets.

I have found that if I send packet 0x00 00 01 35 10 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx I can toggle the traction control off and on. Can someone help me find the rest of the ARBIDs? I already looked at "the bible" but I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I specifically want the IDs for the wheel speed sensors so that I can write in my own values if the car isn't moving.

Thank you very much for any assistance or point to the right direction :)
mike
mike6789
Newbie Modder

Postby tek1229 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm

I do not think you'll be able to spoof the wheel speed data.. The wheel speed data is received directly by the EBCM, processed and decisions made by itself with a few other inputs. It's not broadcast across the Gmlan network to another module.. A scan tool can request the data but spoofing that data would accomplish nada.. Also to spoof data anyways you will need to interrupt the data flow that's already there as the correct wheel speed sata would be sent the same time as the spoofed data.. You'd need to either figure out how to stop the original correct data from being sent in order to spoof it.
tek1229
Kicking Tyres

Postby VoltaGe54 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Thank you everyone for posting such useful information here.

I've been inspired to order an arduino, can-bus shield and raspberri pi. My aim first off is to create an mp3 player that integrates with the stock headunit and steering wheel controls. I'm not sure if I'll get there, but I'll try and post up what I manage to achieve! The next aim will be to create a full blown car pc.

Any tips/tricks/sample ardunio code etc would be greatly appreciated.

From what I have learnt reading through the forum thread the steering wheel CAN codes seem quite well understood but I can't find any codes for buttons on the stock head unit (next/previous track, the turning knobs, etc). Do button presses on the headunit broadcast over the CAN?
VoltaGe54
Newbie Modder

Postby Xenawise » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:09 am

The buttons on the headunit generally do NOT get broadcast over the GMLAN and are internal only.

I am looking for the GMW3110 2010 revision pdf file. Anyone that can lend me a hand please PM me.

Thanks for all the support!

Xenawise
Xenawise
Newbie Modder

Postby daron » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:16 pm

I to am looking for this file to read and learn
daron
Starting Ignition

Postby VoltaGe54 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Keen to figure out how the head unit interfaces with the stock navigation unit:
http://youtu.be/k6aztCQwQak

Would this be via the CAN?
VoltaGe54
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 am

Hi VoltaGe54,

The VE Series I Sat Nav unit does broadcast a bit of information over the SWCan via the NIM Gateway module.

(The NIM Gateway module basically connects to the Blaupunkt BUS, and interfaces with this BUS using the SWCan Bus.

Typically this is used for,
1) Sending some of the headunit button and knob data to the Navigation Unit when in Navigation mode.
2) Sending Text and icon data to the Instrument Cluster (For Street Names, directions and distance info)
3) Sending the current GPS time from the Nav unit to the Headunit for time synchronization.

There is some information on this in the GMLan Bible (An excellent source of SWCan information).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... MXc#gid=24

--
On a side note, I recently tried the Carberry shield for the raspberry Pi.
On paper this shield looked very promising (2 SWCan Bus lines, and 2 OBD Lines), plus lots and lots of other Lines for various things, however I have to say the shield has been a bit of a disappointment.

The SWCan Lines are not programmable (They will interpret a tiny subset of the SWCan 29 Bit data, mainly steering wheel control data), and the firmware for the drivers on these things is closed source - non expandable. :roll:

Also documentation on this thing is severely lacking, to the point where I would honestly say it is around 20% complete.
The manufacturers of the thing have promised updates and improvements in the documentation, but I have noticed nothing new since late July 2014.

If anyone is interested, have a look at the following link.
http://www.carberry.it
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:34 pm

ZerOne wrote:On paper this shield looked very promising (2 SWCan Bus lines, and 2 OBD Lines), plus lots and lots of other Lines for various things, however I have to say the shield has been a bit of a disappointment.

The SWCan Lines are not programmable (They will interpret a tiny subset of the SWCan 29 Bit data, mainly steering wheel control data), and the firmware for the drivers on these things is closed source - non expandable. :roll:

Also documentation on this thing is severely lacking, to the point where I would honestly say it is around 20% complete.
The manufacturers of the thing have promised updates and improvements in the documentation, but I have noticed nothing new since late July 2014.

If anyone is interested, have a look at the following link.
http://www.carberry.it

No kidding, does look good on paper, bit big if your only after logging/sending some can data. But for processing video.. or even navigation to the headunit, it would do that great!
Pitty to hear its a disappointment!. I thought you'd stick to a modified version of the arduino CAN shield since at least you can tinker with some well tested and commented source code?
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:58 am

That's why I went custom hardware. There was nothing good that could do dual CAN channels or had proper GMLAN. That Carberry looked cool, shame.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:51 am

Good and bad news on the GMLAN front.

Brought my first GMLAN/CAN board to life today. :D

Which was shortly lived after I touched pins while moving the board when powered up.. releasing the magical smoke that makes everything work :cry:

I did get a little bit of odd responses... could have been my slice and dice approach on some CAN libraries.. wont know till I get the tech2 or something similar to output some gmlan frames that Im certain off and debug the whole process.

Also found the arduino memory size... is a tad small. Id have to upgrade to a bigger mcu to add more functions... hmmm
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts