Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

GM Lan Single Wire CAN Bus Sniffing

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby jezzab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:00 pm

foxdie wrote:
jezzab wrote:Any one stepped it up and moved over to 11bit GMLAN instead of 29bit?

29bit is great and you can simulate commands the module is sending but that's it. 11bit you can program the modules via software, request data that's stored in its chips (even the ones that dont have an EEPROM), write config changes (VIN, VIM, options etc etc)

Anyone wanting to have a play I'd suggest reading GMW-3110 2010 edition.. Good read

Just surprised no one is on it? Or posting about it ;)

It might be because there's a lot~ of information still un-deciphered in the 29-bit realm. I do realise all the juicy bits are in the 11-bit realm, I've taken a look at GMW-3110 (2010 edition) but makes my eyes bleed and brain turn into that of a cabbage :D

One day I'll get my head around it. Hoping someone else can get there first then explain it to me ;)

Ps. Anyone aware of a document that actually explains what each 29-bit frame is? That'd help us build up the GMLan_Bible so much quicker!

It's not that bad. Atleast its not like a message in bottle like 29bit its talking one on one to the module.

When you get into it. Give me a yell, I've been playing with it for about a year now. It's nice to write some software, click a button and write the vin, vim, config etc :) Got sick of pulling thing out
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby foxdie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Definitely will get onto 11-bit stuff :)

Whilst I'm still in the 29-bit world, does anyone have any requests for 29-bit packets to decipher next?

- Jason
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
Sting Red 2007 LS2 Vauxhall VXR8, Walkinshaw Performance power pack, lowered springs, 20" Lenso CQ4 alloys :D
Co-curator of the GMLAN Bible - http://is.gd/gmlanbible
foxdie

Postby jezzab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Window up command!

sorry was a trick question :p

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby foxdie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 pm

jezzab wrote:Window up command!

sorry was a trick question :p

Yeah I already spotted that info isn't on the swcan. Shame really, auto-roll up module would be quite handy :)

Haven't investigated if its on hscan yet. Probably guessing its not :)
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
Sting Red 2007 LS2 Vauxhall VXR8, Walkinshaw Performance power pack, lowered springs, 20" Lenso CQ4 alloys :D
foxdie

Postby foxdie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 am

Hi folks,

GMLAN Bible has been updated again with 11-Bit stuff, the details can now be found in its own thread that you can find here:

GMLan Bible updates
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
foxdie

Postby ghodge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Early next month after I pull my car out of hibernation and install some Brembos, I hope to return to integrating a RaspberryPi running XBMC in my G8. Prior to putting the car away, I had some measure of control over XBMC via an arduino/CANbus shield solution. What I would like to do is to be able to use the radio control buttons (previous/next/track/disc) to control the XBMC instance as well. I tried logging 29 bit messages while pressing keys when the radio was in rear aux mode but I wasn't able to find any related messages. Is it likely that I didn't see anything simply because the radio isn't programmed to send any messages using those buttons in rear aux mode?

Thanks,

George
2009 Pontiac G8 GT. Solo cat back exhaust, Rotofab intake, HSRK, VMS tune, Lovells Eliminator struts/shocks springs, Pedders sway bars, long-gone Spohn front LCAs, GPS center stack trim.
ghodge
Starting Ignition

Postby tmk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

George -

Never found any activity from those buttons on the bus.. I know the radio can output them but have not been able to get that going... At least on the G8 without nav..

That would be money..

TMK
tmk
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:04 pm

You have a Nav system ghodges? If not, why not use the RGBS Nav input?

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ghodge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 am

Terry,

That would be money. Alternatively I can try to figure out how the communication for the USA Spec pa20 [url]http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=26&forceShowProduct=1/url] works and see if I can emulate a channel on the XM radio as this device presents an ipod as. It does not work completely in the G8 as it does for other GM products. The instructions seem to hint the with another cable, the box is supported in vehicles that don't have an XM radio.

Jezzab,

I would like nothing more to use the RGBS input but from my reading a while ago, it seems that I would need a navigation gateway box and some sort of HDMI->RGBS converter. Has something been figured out to at least enable the RGBS input without using the gateway and having to periodically fooling the system into thinking one is connected?

Thanks,

George
2009 Pontiac G8 GT. Solo cat back exhaust, Rotofab intake, HSRK, VMS tune, Lovells Eliminator struts/shocks springs, Pedders sway bars, long-gone Spohn front LCAs, GPS center stack trim.
ghodge
Starting Ignition

Postby foxdie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:15 am

ghodge wrote:I would like nothing more to use the RGBS input but from my reading a while ago, it seems that I would need a navigation gateway box and some sort of HDMI->RGBS converter. Has something been figured out to at least enable the RGBS input without using the gateway and having to periodically fooling the system into thinking one is connected?

That's actually my next big project for the GMLAN Bible, I've just ordered these two from eBay so I can use a Raspberry Pi with my S1 head unit;

HDMI to VGA+Audio Converter
VGA to RGBS/CGA/AV/S-Video converter

Both are fairly cheap and between the two theoretically you can use any device that you can force a low resolution on. The native S1 panel resolution is 400x234, used typically in portable DVD players because they're very cheap chinese TFTs, unfortunately this is an odd resolution and not easy to replicate without some notable resolution hacking with something like PowerStrip on Windows and manual config editing.

I've got a lot of playing around to do once I've got it working with resolutions, theoretically the RGBS unit should accept a higher resolution and scale it down, but I won't know until I try. Worst case I'll have to botch something like 512x288 or 940x533 into it, other forum posts suggest these are usable resolutions.

There's also the regular stream of keepalive packets that need injecting into LSCAN to fake the presence of the gateway like you've said, I don't think that'll be too difficult. Once I've got a fully working solution I'll document it in a new thread.
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
foxdie

PreviousNext

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts