Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

GM Lan Single Wire CAN Bus Sniffing

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby GXP25 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 am

Some clarification... better late than never....

0x102e2094, 0x24 opens up RGBS with the HVAC bar at the top of the screen.

0x102e2094, 0x25 opens up RGBS without the HVAC bar at the top of the screen.

Both can be used so that when the "NAV" button is pressed, the HVAC bar gets exposed and hidden while using the RGBS input.

I'm almost done with my code. I'm just having an issue detecting a button press while in NAV/RGBS mode.
GXP25
Kicking Tyres

Postby vkfkbr » Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 am

I have a problem about that topic;

For example, when I press "parking lights button" canbus sends that message;

id=1020c040 data= 00 44 04 88 01

but when i send that message to car with arduino, headlights don't work. interior dashboard light turns on, screen brightness of radio dimming but exterior bulp don't give a reaction.

how can I solve that?

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
vkfkbr
Newbie Modder

Postby assisrs » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:33 am

Guys, 4 years ago I bought a VE series 1 and thanks to you (and the forum) I realized that I could upgrade the stereo from the blaupunkt to the IQ.
Well, everything is working fine but there is one thing that I really must to do in the IQ: Unlock the DVD option, since it is grayed out.
I´ve tried to look over the internet , but this is something that seems to be like a government secret - because if somebody starts to talk, this subject not moves forward...
- If this can´t be discussed in the forum, please send me a private message, ok? :-)

Since I´m here in Brazil, the freight costs to Australia are prohibitive, since we are literally into each side of the earth.
Is there a way to a good soul help me with it, please!
I really enjoy the car, having this enabled will make me love it even more.

Thank you so much!
assisrs
Newbie Modder

Postby CommodoreNut » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

I think this thread is dead
Last edited by CommodoreNut on Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

Postby CutSnake » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi guy,

New to carmodder's. I've been reading through this forum and I'm keen to learn about GMLAN and figure out how to tinker with my commodore. I currently know nothing about CAN BUS systems other than a bit of googling and reading through this forum. I know the first step is to buy an OBDII adapter. This forum is obviously a few years old and GTOSoft LLC doesn't seem to exist anymore (the tool mentioned on page 1). Could someone point me in the right direction for a suitable Single Wire CAN Bus adapter that I could use to start reading the CAN data from my car?
CutSnake
Newbie Modder

Postby CommodoreNut » Wed May 08, 2019 4:54 pm

CutSnake wrote:Hi guy,

New to carmodder's. I've been reading through this forum and I'm keen to learn about GMLAN and figure out how to tinker with my commodore. I currently know nothing about CAN BUS systems other than a bit of googling and reading through this forum. I know the first step is to buy an OBDII adapter. This forum is obviously a few years old and GTOSoft LLC doesn't seem to exist anymore (the tool mentioned on page 1). Could someone point me in the right direction for a suitable Single Wire CAN Bus adapter that I could use to start reading the CAN data from my car?

There are a few tools you can use for can
You can use
1. arduino with a can sheild ( Can Low will need to be hooked up to GND )
bit of c+ knowledge required to get it to work
2. usb2can device
3. Cantact device
4. ObDlink device

I personally built a custom piece of hardware that supports
GMLAN 33Kbits/sec
GMLAN 500Kbits/sec
and also ALDL..

You might find the OBDlink MX quite easy if your starting out.
It also uses the ELM327 command set

hope that helps
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

Previous

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts