Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Robertau » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:07 pm

TazzI wrote:
GoFastBits wrote:Sweet thanks matt, now i can label it and drop it in with the rest of gathered bins :)

I thought the shift alert didn't work at all with non FPV clusters? Don't happen to know what position it is in the Eeprom?

I noticed its quite simple to swap over those left hand LCD's for converting from low to high series cluster (didn't realize they just popped out/aren't soldered), is buying up and butchering say a ghia cluster/high series cluster the only way to get the LCD? (as per my questions earlier in the thread)

Cheers

Not quite sure what you mean by swapping over LCD's? Why would you change the LCD?

Got pictures of what you mean? I dont have one of the clusters apart infront of me at the moment, but Id imagine all LCDs would be the same, and the LCD it self would not have any micro-controllers connected to it thus nothing should technically change?

Apparently the LCD's are different! as Aumatt pointed out back on page 12

TazzI wrote:
aumatt wrote:0x10-0x11 Trip A
0x12-0x13 Trip B

All other assumptions are incorrect :)

Matt

What differences are there between high/low?

Does anything else display on the screen? Or is it just a way of identifying the cluster type?

aumatt wrote:High Series has a different left have LCD, where it shows door ajar info. Trip info is displayed on the ICC

Low series shows trip info etc on the left LCD as the ICC doesnt display it.

Matt
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:55 pm

You will need to set the cluster to the appropriate level (low or high) for the LCDs to function correctly. It isnt a matter of just changing the lcds over.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Yeah i was going to use one of the posted Hi series cluster dumps (Hi series XR or the FPV one) as a base (though isn't it just a bit set in the EEPROM to change from low to high?) and go from there, main issue was whether or not i could get the left LCD from somewhere or if you could only source it from another hi series cluster (ie ghia, since they're much cheaper than the rare XR one that pops up or FPV's).

The hardware buttons on the side aren't much of an issue, i'd swap them off a ghia cluster if i had to buy one, or leave the lo-series buttons if i could get the lcd from another source.

Out of interest, what displays on the left LCD in a manual car ? Car door schematic and ?

Cheers
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 pm

GoFastBits wrote:Yeah i was going to use one of the posted Hi series cluster dumps (Hi series XR or the FPV one) as a base (though isn't it just a bit set in the EEPROM to change from low to high?) and go from there, main issue was whether or not i could get the left LCD from somewhere or if you could only source it from another hi series cluster (ie ghia, since they're much cheaper than the rare XR one that pops up or FPV's).

The hardware buttons on the side aren't much of an issue, i'd swap them off a ghia cluster if i had to buy one, or leave the lo-series buttons if i could get the lcd from another source.

Out of interest, what displays on the left LCD in a manual car ? Car door schematic and ?

Cheers

It is a bit in the eeprom that will change it from High to Low etc. The only place I know where you can get the LCD's from is another cluster. The best thing about that is that alot of Fairmonts etc (ex hire car) have huge odometers and wreckers tend to nearly give them away

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:05 pm

think i have found the location for the hi series low series cluster thing.

comparing a few ho/low dumps from the selection of ba dumps 0x15 is the same between xt and xr low series, and the same between the ba fairlane and the xr high series dump.

is this assumption correct?

playing with the xt dump on my xt test cluster and changing 0x15 from the 02 in lows series to 03 in the highs does change the LHS lcd display but obviously dosnt display right as its the wrong lcd!

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 pm

aumatt wrote:
It is a bit in the eeprom that will change it from High to Low etc. The only place I know where you can get the LCD's from is another cluster. The best thing about that is that alot of Fairmonts etc (ex hire car) have huge odometers and wreckers tend to nearly give them away

Matt

True, theres 3 on ebay right now all over 200k all sub $80.
A BA II fairmont cluster (05 by the picture of the sticker on the rear - Hi series 220kmph cluster) would be ok as a parts donor yes?
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Right. I didnt realise there were different LCD's!

Figured it would just be easier to upgrade to a different cluster rather then stripping parts from a perfectly working one :)
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:01 am

Heres a dump some people may appreciate :)

60k BF Typhoon - Should have shift alert, mapping for 260k speedo etc.

Happy days :)

May need to be byteswapped, I grabbed it in a hurry :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Nice!

Time to nut out where that shift alert is exactly!
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Odometer : 60001km
Serial : 60501027
High Series
Model : 5R29 10849-HA
H/W : 2
CI : 1
EE : 2.14
Autolights : Enabled
Shift Alert : Available but not enabled
270kmh/8000rpm
Body/Fuel Map : Sedan/Petrol
DTC : 1 (U2197- Invalid Vehicle Speed Data)
Traction : Enabled
Brake System : Via CanBus

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts