Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Robertau wrote:
Robertau wrote:
I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.

Well bit the bullet and gave the PATS a go in the car, was having no luck on the bench. i'm happy to report that i had no trouble at all adding a new body module, and initializing the pcm to it.

Tools i used was a USB elm327 and forscan with the extended license.
the only catch is you need a minimum of one key thats programmed to the BCM, and a 2nd to code to it if you only have 1.
the procedure then delets all known keys and allows you to add the keys required then sync the modules.
Unfortunately it didn't sync my icc. Hopefully it's something they can research and make it possible in the future

Rob

So it did the whole in-out codes?
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:04 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:
Robertau wrote:
I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.

Well bit the bullet and gave the PATS a go in the car, was having no luck on the bench. i'm happy to report that i had no trouble at all adding a new body module, and initializing the pcm to it.

Tools i used was a USB elm327 and forscan with the extended license.
the only catch is you need a minimum of one key thats programmed to the BCM, and a 2nd to code to it if you only have 1.
the procedure then delets all known keys and allows you to add the keys required then sync the modules.
Unfortunately it didn't sync my icc. Hopefully it's something they can research and make it possible in the future

Rob

So it did the whole in-out codes?

The BA didn't ask for incode/outcodes. think that might have came came on the BF (the BF PCM i played with on the bench at one point did).
The BA PATS wanted timed access so just had a 12 min wait to get access. i should have tapped it and made a video, and i may even end up redoing it to make a video if i'm not lazy.

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Ahhhh right. hmm. Didnt know that one.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:59 pm

Heres another dump not saying what it is yet take a look and work it out :D
Shhh aumatt :lol: have PM'd you matt

186009.BIN

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Robertau wrote:Heres another dump not saying what it is yet take a look and work it out :D

186009.BIN

Rob

?? FPV? :?:
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:35 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:Heres another dump not saying what it is yet take a look and work it out :D

186009.BIN

Rob

?? FPV? :?:

sure is, BF FPV ill get the details off of it over the weekend at some point and share them (cluster is now in the car with some bells and whistles that are not in that dump.)

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Hey

I've got this dash dump from the cluster i was playing around with (I think it was an BF II XR6 dash, had the series II fascia anyway), from memory it had just shy of 200k km's on it, save me the hassle of flashing it back to check the km's if someone could confirm the amount for me (gotta get a socket so i can plug and play, not solder :P)

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:31 am

199331km
Serial : 60505158
Date : 05/05/06
BF Low Series XR
Model : 5R29 10849-DA
HW Version : 2
CI : 1
EE Version 2.14
Sedan/Petrol
Features : Autolights, Seat Belt reminder, Traction Control, DSC, ABS via CAN, Park Brake via CAN
No DTC's

Shift alert has been turned on in the feature set but not enabled in eeprom.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Sweet thanks matt, now i can label it and drop it in with the rest of gathered bins :)

I thought the shift alert didn't work at all with non FPV clusters? Don't happen to know what position it is in the Eeprom?

I noticed its quite simple to swap over those left hand LCD's for converting from low to high series cluster (didn't realize they just popped out/aren't soldered), is buying up and butchering say a ghia cluster/high series cluster the only way to get the LCD? (as per my questions earlier in the thread)

Cheers
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm

GoFastBits wrote:Sweet thanks matt, now i can label it and drop it in with the rest of gathered bins :)

I thought the shift alert didn't work at all with non FPV clusters? Don't happen to know what position it is in the Eeprom?

I noticed its quite simple to swap over those left hand LCD's for converting from low to high series cluster (didn't realize they just popped out/aren't soldered), is buying up and butchering say a ghia cluster/high series cluster the only way to get the LCD? (as per my questions earlier in the thread)

Cheers

Not quite sure what you mean by swapping over LCD's? Why would you change the LCD?

Got pictures of what you mean? I dont have one of the clusters apart infront of me at the moment, but Id imagine all LCDs would be the same, and the LCD it self would not have any micro-controllers connected to it thus nothing should technically change?
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts