Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby aumatt » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 pm

You can convert a low series(Single Zone) cluster into a High Series(Dual Zone) cluster, you will need a new left hand LCD , shroud or just the button tops and reprogram the eeprom to suit. By memory it is a single bit that will convert it.

When people ask me to do this I normally ask for the new cluster and the original cluster, change the parts over and convert both the other way so that the donor cluster can still work.

Cheers

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:40 pm

So would it be better or worse to go the other way, ie reprogram a fairmont dualzone cluster's speedo/odo/jewels to an XR calibration and swap the XR face plate into it? or is it more involved to change the speedo from 220kmph to the XR 260kmph?

Hrmmm i'll probably need to source a BF Ghia cluster if i did that too, which all seem pretty expensive right now :S Atleast the Ghias white LED's would match the White LED'ed Dualzone unit i have installed (assume its from a Ghia also)

Just out of interest, what is the compatibility of the Territory clusters when installed in a BA/BF? (like the Ghia Turbo Terry, that brushed alu faceplate looks fancy :P)
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 am

GoFastBits wrote:Oh so you guys actually worked out the formula to calculate the ODO? I know AUMatt did (he also gave away how to change it anyway earlier without knowing how to calculate it directly) and i understand the reason for not having it in the wild, besides i've got no real interest in changing any replacement cluster to anything other than what my existing one reads (considering the cars only got about 108k km's and its since been registered in NSW with that odo reading theres really no benefit in changing it to anything other than the proper reading).

Good to hear theres still a few honest lads around!. I unfortunately get calls (Blocked numbers of course) on a daily manner asking for the dodgy to be done on their Ford or Holden. :?

GoFastBits wrote:I can do that, i'll need to get it out from under the ICC first though :P

Actually sorry, it is NOT sync to green, its actually a combined horizontal and vertical sync, aka composite sync signal, Though as per the link i posted, you can just wire the H and V sync wires together into the single sync wire on the ICC, its a dirty and noisy way of doing it but it works. I think things like CarPC's come out a little fuzzy and depending on hardware may not even be centered but for reverse cameras its better than good enough

Ah yes that would be mint. Theres heaps of video processing chips out there that will take an input and output into the desired RBGS.. would be good to base it off something thats known to work though. Simply refuse to give into paying $230usd for a converter!

Ah yes I figured thats what you meant. I read up alot on people doing carPC's in the BA/BF. Although.. theres a few niks in the carPC solution which bugs me. Even so.. screens could not be adjusted to specific resolutions whereas embedded solution's can do that.
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:55 am

GoFastBits wrote:So would it be better or worse to go the other way, ie reprogram a fairmont dualzone cluster's speedo/odo/jewels to an XR calibration and swap the XR face plate into it? or is it more involved to change the speedo from 220kmph to the XR 260kmph?

Hrmmm i'll probably need to source a BF Ghia cluster if i did that too, which all seem pretty expensive right now :S Atleast the Ghias white LED's would match the White LED'ed Dualzone unit i have installed (assume its from a Ghia also)

Just out of interest, what is the compatibility of the Territory clusters when installed in a BA/BF? (like the Ghia Turbo Terry, that brushed alu faceplate looks fancy :P)

The easiest route is change your existing cluster to a high series using donor parts.

You can change the colour of the dual zone quite easily to match that of the XR.

Early Territory are compatible to BA only later one are compatible to all with programming.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:51 am

TazzI wrote:Good to hear theres still a few honest lads around!. I unfortunately get calls (Blocked numbers of course) on a daily manner asking for the dodgy to be done on their Ford or Holden. :?

I got asked once. told them its not my usual sort of thing to do, i'm not really interested, i dont have the parts in stock and there a 3 week wait :lol: . i then tell them its gonna cost them $300 (quote high so they are like NA fuck that), its likely cheaper to find another cluster.

Never been asked about a Holden (other than mechanical), i wouldnt know where to start in there anyway!.
Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Robertau wrote:I got asked once. told them its not my usual sort of thing to do, i'm not really interested, i dont have the parts in stock and there a 3 week wait :lol: . i then tell them its gonna cost them $300 (quote high so they are like NA fuck that), its likely cheaper to find another cluster.

Never been asked about a Holden (other than mechanical), i wouldnt know where to start in there anyway!.
Rob

:lol: Classic.

Unfortunately I hear it pretty much every day. I give the speel explaining it is illegal blah blah, and then the next thing they say (completely disregarding everything I jut said) is "ah I give ya an extra 20 bucks if ya drop em" .

*sigh* Always the same kinda person, asking really sly and shady.
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:50 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:I got asked once. told them its not my usual sort of thing to do, i'm not really interested, i dont have the parts in stock and there a 3 week wait :lol: . i then tell them its gonna cost them $300 (quote high so they are like NA fuck that), its likely cheaper to find another cluster.

Rob

:lol: Classic.

Unfortunately I hear it pretty much every day. I give the speel explaining it is illegal blah blah, and then the next thing they say (completely disregarding everything I jut said) is "ah I give ya an extra 20 bucks if ya drop em" .

*sigh* Always the same kinda person, asking really sly and shady.

Ive had the exact same thing, I then quote the Roads Act stating that it is illegal and you normally get the same response, "But it has a new engine", "come on , Ill pay you extra".
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:49 pm

aumatt wrote:"But it has a new engine"

:lol: Thats the one!
TazzI

Postby GoFastBits » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm

I assume states other than NSW don't do yearly ODO recordings (Benefit? of required yearly inspections i guess)
That was the first thing i checked on my BF, $22 history check gave me a nice printout of the odo readings for all the rego inspections (and confirmed it wasn't a rebirth or something, always nice :P)

The easiest route is change your existing cluster to a high series using donor parts.

Hrmm ok, i might give up on that idea (bit of screwing about for 2 dash light buttons and a reset button haha), I might just switch it to police mode, though unsure if the reset button will work on the ICC after that, if not i won't have any way to clear my Avg fuel/kmph/etc on the ICC's screen (what would happen if i flipped the singlezone/dualzone bit in the EEPROM without touching the LCD's and turned on Police mode?)

Does anyone actually just have a list/map of the EEPROM's various bits/address's and their functions/values?

btw matt i tried your police mode enabler, unfortunately it doesn't work on windows 7 (could be because they were all 64bit copies since its a not found error with the mscomctl32/mscomm32 files/runtime error 372, tried registering the files manually with regsrv32, still doesn't work), might try VM'ing a 32bit XP install, sure it'll work through that.
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Robertau wrote:
I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.

Well bit the bullet and gave the PATS a go in the car, was having no luck on the bench. i'm happy to report that i had no trouble at all adding a new body module, and initializing the pcm to it.

Tools i used was a USB elm327 and forscan with the extended license.
the only catch is you need a minimum of one key thats programmed to the BCM, and a 2nd to code to it if you only have 1.
the procedure then delets all known keys and allows you to add the keys required then sync the modules.
Unfortunately it didn't sync my icc. Hopefully it's something they can research and make it possible in the future

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts