Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby LangasLS » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd poke this up here in the hope it creates a bit of interest in the BA Falcon clusters.

Attached are two eeprom dumps, both from BA clusters with rather high kilometers. The Eeproms are a standard type 93C56 - very common and easy to read / write.

A number of features could potentially be enabled on these clusters - including the shift alert - a unique FPV feature, and guage configurations to essentially make an XT cluster into an XR, or FPV etc with the right fascia. As far as I am aware, all the clusters used are identical hardware wise.

Happy Playing :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:10 am

BA and and BF cluster use slightly different hardware but the big changes are in the flash of the ECU from what I believe.

The following can be changed in the BA EEPROM

Seatbelt Reminder
Traction Control Jewel
Diff Lock Jewel
Police Mode
Autolights
Speedo Range
Tacho Range
Fuel/Body Map
Odometer
Trip Meters
Cluster DTC's
Convert from High to Low Cluster
Cluster Serial Number and Part Number

BF is all the above plus
Shift Alert
ABS via Can Setting
Brake fail via Can Setting

Cheers

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:14 pm

LangasLS wrote:Hey Guys,

I thought I'd poke this up here in the hope it creates a bit of interest in the BA Falcon clusters.

Attached are two eeprom dumps, both from BA clusters with rather high kilometers. The Eeproms are a standard type 93C56 - very common and easy to read / write.

A number of features could potentially be enabled on these clusters - including the shift alert - a unique FPV feature, and guage configurations to essentially make an XT cluster into an XR, or FPV etc with the right fascia. As far as I am aware, all the clusters used are identical hardware wise.

Happy Playing :)

Iv been wanting to tinker with the ford stuff! Got a fair amount of them being sold around here. May just have to buy a few and start tinkering.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Ordered a couple Ford Instrument clusters!. Now to pick up a scantool with ford programming abilities and let the games begin :twisted:
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Great stuff! I need to chuck mine back up on the bench and keep tinkering with it :-)
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:31 pm

LangasLS wrote:Great stuff! I need to chuck mine back up on the bench and keep tinkering with it :-)

Justing to suss out a useful scantool to pickup. Unfortunately the Tech2 doesnt have any cards for fords.. so a new scan-tool it is.

A "Launch X" looks pretty cool and not too expensive, I imagine we could smash through most programmable parameters within a couple weeks once its in hand. ;)
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 am

Yep, the Tech 2 is just slightly limited when it comes to Fords ;)

I was eyeing off a Hanatech, but the Launch x431 looks like a very nice piece of kit with good support and updates - unlike the hanatech. I've put off buying one as I've got the use of a Solus when I need it and have a Tech 2 which has more or less kept me out of trouble.

I've got a BA here I can play with - but as far as I've gotten was grabbing the eeprom dumps I posted above. Not enough hours in the day!
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Limited... Haha you mean completely useless!

I'll be trying to get the manuals for each device to see which one has the most features for programming. Generally there all the same but some scantool a seem to have only diagnostic stuff which isn't what we want!.

From early research, I think the BA's communicate over pwm, so should be able to hook an elm up and start listening.
TazzI

Postby tim36 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing with this too. There's a great forum on using the com-port to speak to modules via the CAN through an elm scanner, "http://www.fordmods.com/ecu-fuel-system-eec-f21/ba-bf-sx-sy-scantool-fun-t25010.html".

I have my BF cluster apart at the moment and have piggybacked onto the eprom (93c56w) with a G540 chip programmer.
I have been able to flash both of the BIN's uploaded previously, onto my own cluster with success. The odometer values read correctly according to the file titles.

I have worked out that the odometer value is in the top line of code, and I think there is something in there that plays with the illumination. Trying to decode the top line to make sense of the HEX code is proving difficult though. I've been at it two nights and the only way I can get visible change is by swapping the entire top row from the BIN. I'll upload my own BIN at some stage. any ideas on translating the HEX would be a step forward I think.
tim36
Kicking Tyres

Postby tim36 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm

My bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tim36
Kicking Tyres

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts