Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride
 

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby GoFastBits » Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Re the clock, is that turning the display of the clock on/off on a Dualzone ICC?
So its displayed in the trip meter area SZ Territory style?

I'd be interested in flipping that bit and getting rid of that silly roof mounted FPV clock :P
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:08 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Wed May 25, 2016 9:40 am

GoFastBits wrote:Re the clock, is that turning the display of the clock on/off on a Dualzone ICC?
So its displayed in the trip meter area SZ Territory style?

I'd be interested in flipping that bit and getting rid of that silly roof mounted FPV clock :P


I'll grab a picture of it when Im playing with the Ford next so you know what I mean. ;)
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby BionicXR6 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi Tazzi, The ICC your playing with, is it out an FPV?
BionicXR6
Newbie Modder
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 am

BionicXR6 wrote:Hi Tazzi, The ICC your playing with, is it out an FPV?


Iv had a few FPV ones come through previously. Whys that?
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby BionicXR6 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:39 pm

TazzI wrote:
BionicXR6 wrote:Hi Tazzi, The ICC your playing with, is it out an FPV?


Iv had a few FPV ones come through previously. Whys that?


I've heard only late FPV and late SY2 Terry's can have the clock switched on and off.

It'd be interesting if an older BA or SY DZ ICC can be toggled on and off.

Personally I bought a Terry Turbo Ghia SY2 and combined that with an XR LED board and a Piano Black ICC to get this:

Image
BionicXR6
Newbie Modder
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

From what I see. It can be turned off and on in any headunit.

They all appear the have the same abilities, just a matter of turning them on and off ;)
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby BionicXR6 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:37 pm

TazzI wrote:From what I see. It can be turned off and on in any headunit.

They all appear the have the same abilities, just a matter of turning them on and off ;)


Looks like I've done it the hardway :?
Oh well!

What did you use to connect your phone to the ICC? As in between the phone and the ASL or RGB converter?
BionicXR6
Newbie Modder
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby GoFastBits » Sun May 29, 2016 10:18 pm

BionicXR6 wrote:
TazzI wrote:
BionicXR6 wrote:Hi Tazzi, The ICC your playing with, is it out an FPV?


Iv had a few FPV ones come through previously. Whys that?


I've heard only late FPV and late SY2 Terry's can have the clock switched on and off.

It'd be interesting if an older BA or SY DZ ICC can be toggled on and off.

Personally I bought a Terry Turbo Ghia SY2 and combined that with an XR LED board and a Piano Black ICC to get this:

Image


This is exactly what i was talking about, the little (poorly placed i must say) clock in the later models (with no roof clock).
If any dualzone icc can have that turned on, then that'd be awesome (are you doing this through canbus commands or eeprom edit? little disappointing there isn't anything else cool hiding in those ICC's, but from memory i don't think even the FPV came with any extra features (unlike the FG's/etc that had FPV logos and such) in the topline ICC, aside from that clock on BF's)

Really wouldn't mind ditching the GT Roof clock since i've got a FG electrochromic mirror in my BF now and the wiring irks me being wrapped around the clock :P

I'm currently running a dualzone ICC with White LED's out of a territory (atleast it had that weird off brown fascia colour that i think only came in terry's), was thinking of switching to blue (or changing all the led's to green to match the car colour) but tbh the combo of blue and white (with blue gauges) works pretty well
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:08 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Mon May 30, 2016 1:59 pm

GoFastBits wrote:This is exactly what i was talking about, the little (poorly placed i must say) clock in the later models (with no roof clock).
If any dualzone icc can have that turned on, then that'd be awesome (are you doing this through canbus commands or eeprom edit? little disappointing there isn't anything else cool hiding in those ICC's, but from memory i don't think even the FPV came with any extra features (unlike the FG's/etc that had FPV logos and such) in the topline ICC, aside from that clock on BF's)

Really wouldn't mind ditching the GT Roof clock since i've got a FG electrochromic mirror in my BF now and the wiring irks me being wrapped around the clock :P

I'm currently running a dualzone ICC with White LED's out of a territory (atleast it had that weird off brown fascia colour that i think only came in terry's), was thinking of switching to blue (or changing all the led's to green to match the car colour) but tbh the combo of blue and white (with blue gauges) works pretty well


Only times I play with eeproms anymore, is to grab an initial backup of something that Iv never tinkered with before for those *just in case* moments when doing the initial R&D. Otherwise Iv been doing everything over the CANBus programingg wise.

Theres some locations with "data" in them.. but nothing seems to happen when playing around with them.. absolutely nothing changes, went for a drive and still nothing. So theres other "bits" there... just.. dont do anything useful that I can tell. I figured surely there would be other trip data/info or even some sort of engineering mode screen.. but... theres zilch.. nada... nothing!

But yeah, looks like its the FG's which have all the cool stuff. Looking forward to the R&D on those. I image there will be a bunch of hidden stuff in them. Especially on the MK2 touchscreen units, touchscreen, full colour units. Be even better to log the updating process.. rip out the stock standard logos and inject custom ones ;)
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby TazzI » Tue May 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Soooo, ICC with no Clock...

Image

And ICC with clock...

Image

Really is in an odd position isnt it.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 564 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest