Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride
 

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Robertau » Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

TazzI wrote:Soooo, ICC with no Clock...

Image

And ICC with clock...

Image

Really is in an odd position isnt it.



really odd position, id likely confuse it with me fuel economy or something hahaha
Robertau
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Tue May 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Robertau wrote:really odd position, id likely confuse it with me fuel economy or something hahaha

Wish the whole setup could be restructured in all honesty.

... surely theres a way to reflash the ICC's... Ford must have provided it at some point? Surely?.

The stupid almost monochrome background could be replaced with a nice theme.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby TazzI » Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Actually.. I saw SPI headers on the main board before. Wonder if those were used for programming.

Iv got an absolutely rooted ICC here (Doesnt power up) so Ill rip that apart in a moment.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby Robertau » Tue May 31, 2016 3:10 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:really odd position, id likely confuse it with me fuel economy or something hahaha

Wish the whole setup could be restructured in all honesty.

... surely theres a way to reflash the ICC's... Ford must have provided it at some point? Surely?.

The stupid almost monochrome background could be replaced with a nice theme.



would have to be wouldnt it? like you said ford would have supplied it at some point and im sure it would have undergone a change or 2. yeah the layout is pretty drab, reminds me of the old versions of windows.

On thinking about playing with the icc, is it posable that one of the things you changed (and didnt look to have any effect) could be the enabling and disabling of reverse sensors through the icc and mobile phone enable?
Robertau
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Tue May 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Robertau wrote:would have to be wouldnt it? like you said ford would have supplied it at some point and im sure it would have undergone a change or 2. yeah the layout is pretty drab, reminds me of the old versions of windows.

On thinking about playing with the icc, is it posable that one of the things you changed (and didnt look to have any effect) could be the enabling and disabling of reverse sensors through the icc and mobile phone enable?


Oooooor, it was once available, but is now no longer offered which is the other possibility. :?

Yeah, I saw the "PAM" was enabled in my headunit.. I dont have a PAM installed into the car.. but literally nothing changes in the car at all.

I have a feeling some of the other locations with data in them.. are probably for the same reason. Certain stuff is enabled from factory (or even the place that developed the ICC) but its not actually used in the car.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby BionicXR6 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:would have to be wouldnt it? like you said ford would have supplied it at some point and im sure it would have undergone a change or 2. yeah the layout is pretty drab, reminds me of the old versions of windows.

On thinking about playing with the icc, is it posable that one of the things you changed (and didnt look to have any effect) could be the enabling and disabling of reverse sensors through the icc and mobile phone enable?


Oooooor, it was once available, but is now no longer offered which is the other possibility. :?

Yeah, I saw the "PAM" was enabled in my headunit.. I dont have a PAM installed into the car.. but literally nothing changes in the car at all.

I have a feeling some of the other locations with data in them.. are probably for the same reason. Certain stuff is enabled from factory (or even the place that developed the ICC) but its not actually used in the car.


I think the PAM make some of the speaker cut out when the reverse sensors are on.
BionicXR6
Newbie Modder
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:47 am

BionicXR6 wrote:I think the PAM make some of the speaker cut out when the reverse sensors are on.

Ohhhh!!!! Right!!!

Iv got that enabled in my ICC currently. Pop into reverse and rear speakers cut. I figured it was for rear sensors of some sort but never clicked with it being the PAM setting in the ICC.

Thought I was going mad before, all the other headunits Iv fitted never cut out rear speakers. Figured mine was being a little 'different'.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby Robertau » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:24 am

TazzI wrote:
BionicXR6 wrote:I think the PAM make some of the speaker cut out when the reverse sensors are on.

Ohhhh!!!! Right!!!

Iv got that enabled in my ICC currently. Pop into reverse and rear speakers cut. I figured it was for rear sensors of some sort but never clicked with it being the PAM setting in the ICC.

Thought I was going mad before, all the other headunits Iv fitted never cut out rear speakers. Figured mine was being a little 'different'.


i couldnt remember if it cut the rear speakers or not

as well as cutting the rear spealers it does the Beep beep through the rear ones
Robertau
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Robertau wrote:i couldnt remember if it cut the rear speakers or not

as well as cutting the rear spealers it does the Beep beep through the rear ones

Thats exactly what I thought it was tying to do when it cuts them out.

Tinkered with some other bytes today, turned sound on and off, drive around.. didnt notice anything different.
Just dont believe all the available options are enabled in these units.. surely they would have done something.. even an engineering mode.
User avatar
TazzI
Moderator
 
Posts: 986
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Postby GoFastBits » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Robertau wrote:
TazzI wrote:Soooo, ICC with no Clock...

Image

And ICC with clock...

Image

Really is in an odd position isnt it.



really odd position, id likely confuse it with me fuel economy or something hahaha


Truely is in a silly spot, almost as if it was an after thought, which is really quite strange if all the dualzone ICC's have the clock as an option (i figured it was something added into later revisions of the radio software for use on SY terry's for instance)

It'd be a toss up whether or not that'd grow on me though, really all the "clock" options in the falcon are sub standard, that clock, roof clock (fpv) or analog clock (replaced by gauge pod) - only one that looked "right" was the single zone one lol

I remember activating PAM with the GScan once, thought my amp decided to give up the next morning when i backed out of the driveway haha
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:08 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 564 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest