Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby Rerouter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 pm

While i do not have one of these clusters, Rather have information on it, so may as well kick things off

0x06 - 0x25 = Odometer
0xD0 - 0xD4 = Odometer Check-sum

the algorithm for the mileage and check-sum is known, but for the obvious reason i am choosing to withhold it at this time.
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:47 am

Rerouter wrote:While i do not have one of these clusters, Rather have information on it, so may as well kick things off

0x06 - 0x25 = Odometer
0xD0 - 0xD4 = Odometer Check-sum

the algorithm for the mileage and check-sum is known, but for the obvious reason i am choosing to withhold it at this time.

Ah cool. Hopefully we will start cracking into these soon as well and get some bins up!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Rerouter, you havent come across any cluster eeprom dumps that we can have a look at by anychance?

Theres some FG cluster selling *cheapish* at the moment, but think Id rather have a scantool ready to start hacking away. ;)
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 am

I have several dumps which I'll upload when I get back from holidays. I have also 6 or so pre production clusters from Diesel Territories and the like. I have looked into the ODO but havnt figured it out as yet.

The biggest thing needed for these is the Security Section of the clusters to get them to work in other cars.

But Ive worked out the feature set on these (police mode, traction etc)

Trip Meter A = 0x00 -0x01
Trip Meter B = 0x02 - 0x03
VIN = 0x28-0x38
VIN = 0x3c - 0x4c
Rest Timer = 0x59-0x5a
Features = 0x7a-0x7b

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 pm

I see, seems the manufactures get more complicated as time goes on.

Surely there is a programming option to "relearn" the security info for the next car? FMP or IDS should have the options. Theres no way they wouldnt accommodate for refitting a cluster
I would have thought it would just be the VIN and also the ODO + Odo checksum that must match up

Are you sure there isnt some sort of internal checksum going on to validate the entire contents? Only way to check would be write a new value using a DID via CAN and grab an eeprom dump to see whats going on.

The odo shouldnt be too bad to work out. Fire off a true speedo input message so the cluster actually begins updating the odo and we will be sorted.
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:14 pm

I havent seen it in action but I believe it is a similar method as programming the ICC. But I would assume its nothing overly complex. I have had the chance to work on a guys FG once where I tried just changing the VIN with no luck.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:10 pm

aumatt wrote:I havent seen it in action but I believe it is a similar method as programming the ICC. But I would assume its nothing overly complex. I have had the chance to work on a guys FG once where I tried just changing the VIN with no luck.

Matt

I guess we will put it to rest when my new tools arrive in a couple days ;)

Just going to grab one of those FG clusters while im at it.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Actually before I go buy this. Lets get some wiring diagrams going so I know I can actually hook up to it.

There is literally no-one in Aus thats attempted playing with these (well.. in public forums).

*Edit
Bit of interesting info:
The cluster is part of the PATS (passive anti theft system) of the car. The car will not start with it removed, the car will not start if you fit another cluster to it without activating it for the car, the car will not start if you apply an electrical load outside of the standard operating parameters.

I also cant find any wiring diagrams. Even worse it looks like the damn FG workshop manual can only be accessed online. *sigh*.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Nope... flying blind on the FG cluster pinout. I can note find any reference or diagrams at all. Seems the only way to get access is playing Ford $957 for their FG manual.

...And they wonder why things get pirated... geeeeez.

But.. sounds like there is some sort of online service? Motorcraft *might* have an online version:
**Service Publications
Includes Workshop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, PowerTrain Control and Emission Diagnostic Manuals

But I wont know unless asking or purchasing the 72hour license
TazzI

Postby Rerouter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Attached is an eeprom dump that i helped someone set in the past, this is the original,

Also searching around, it seems that the FG is electrically compatible with the BF, how far i cannot say

Edit: dont know why but i cannot upload the file, either on its own or in a zip....
Last edited by Rerouter on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts