Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:49 pm

LangasLS wrote:I can borrow one for a night :)

let the games begin ;)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Right.. I went a bit crazy.. and bought over 20+ BA-FG clusters.
Pulling them apart now. I'll toss up some FG ones once there apart.
TazzI

Postby gooseduckgoose » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:58 pm

TazzI wrote:Attached is our first FG dump.
Download Here

Its is from:
Ford Falcon FG XR turbo sedan auto instrument cluster 99128klm.
8R29 10849 DA
A2C53243650
SW: 0303081 21/2/2008 11:2 0000
HW: 10 EE 0.03 CI 00

Hi all, new to the forum so good day to all. I have a digiprog and cannot get it to work on the falcon 24c02 as it is not compatible. I am used to the digiprog ease of use so looking at the hex is a touch new to me. I have downloaded this dump with 99128km in it to study and cant seem to find where the data is stored. You may all laugh at me but I drew up a excel table that I copied off another post on google for a Toyota decode (see attached). Where am I going wrong to try and find the 99128 in hex? The hex code I came up with is nowhere to be found.

Thanks!

UPDATE - for some reason trying to upload the .gif image of the table I get error "Could not upload attachment to ./files/73283_22ae79316a82b5b28db0509ae78b64d4."

UPDATE 2 - http://s7.postimg.org/th2xpuz8b/fg_table_99128.jpg so I have uploaded it on postimg.org
gooseduckgoose
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:38 pm

gooseduckgoose wrote:Hi all, new to the forum so good day to all. I have a digiprog and cannot get it to work on the falcon 24c02 as it is not compatible. I am used to the digiprog ease of use so looking at the hex is a touch new to me. I have downloaded this dump with 99128km in it to study and cant seem to find where the data is stored. You may all laugh at me but I drew up a excel table that I copied off another post on google for a Toyota decode (see attached). Where am I going wrong to try and find the 99128 in hex? The hex code I came up with is nowhere to be found.

Ahhhh... the odometer value is not in "plain" text, and is not a simple calculation from hex to decimal (eg 0x64 to 100dec). It has an algorithm to calculate the odometer value, which almost all car manufactures and individual models will have different calculations.
And I dont think workings of a Toyota decode is going to help on a Ford FG falcon ;) Different manufactuers/developers will use different algorithms, checksums and may not even store the value inside the cluster!
TazzI

Postby gooseduckgoose » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 am

Hey Taz, I feared that someone would say that. Looking through other posts I.e. on a vs commodore you can pretty much read it in plain English. Has anyone figured out the algorithm for an fg? It was a pretty table at least.
gooseduckgoose
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 pm

gooseduckgoose wrote:Hey Taz, I feared that someone would say that. Looking through other posts I.e. on a vs commodore you can pretty much read it in plain English. Has anyone figured out the algorithm for an fg? It was a pretty table at least.

If memory serves me right, the VS commodore calculation was quite involved!.
Infact, I dont think I know of any calculation which is just in plain english. Gotta remember, the developers purposely make it hard with algorithms so that it cant be reverse engineered and deter people from attempting the reverse engineering it.

Another example is the BA/BF ford stuff, thats older and even that is a bit complex! ;)

No FG algo is available publicly as far as Im aware. Unless someone can correct me, that was one of the first FG bins posted up pubically?
I pulled apart another 8 FG clusters couple days ago, still need to get the eeprom dumps, but keen as to start comparing!
TazzI

Postby gooseduckgoose » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Taz,

It's interesting, I've never thought much of it as the digiprog I use does the work for me. It is a clone digiprog from China v4.85. I recently updated it from software I bought on aliexpress to v4.94 because 4.94 say it has capability of falcon 24c02. And using this on an fg it does cognise that it's a 24c04 in an fg but it comes up with the wrong odo reading.

I suppose moving forward I could get an eeprom dump from the cluster I have, fit it back to the car, drive it 10km or so and take another dump and compare?

I do have an eeprom reader but it requires you to pull the chip off and seat it into the reader. Which pulling it on and off so many times may be asking for disaster. I just ordered a sop8 connector & harness from China so when this arrives I should be able to clamp onto the eeprom and take the dump?

What are your thoughts?
gooseduckgoose
Newbie Modder

Postby aumatt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:58 pm

You will find digiprogs 24c02 is for the AU not the FG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:03 am

No, its not for the AU - It is for the FG, it is just incorrect.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am

LangasLS wrote:No, its not for the AU - It is for the FG, it is just incorrect.

:lol: Youd think they would at least say that when advertising FG on the device, even something like "It kinda sometimes works". Or at least have predefined values if they done know the algo.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts