Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG power from overhead compartment

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby Dicko101 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Hey, I'm just wondering if there is an easy way to put a 12v power outlet in the overhead compartment or inside the glasses compartment, I mount my phone in my car for music and navigation and I think it would be much more practical to mount it up out of the way where I can also see it without taking my eyes off the road and it would be good to have power nearby so that I don't have a cable running from the dash up to the phone. There is a light there but it seems to be controlled digitally so I'm not sure if there is a constant source there or if it is switched on and off elsewhere, or if there is a constant 12v supply if it can supply enough current to safety charge a mobile phone, I don't want to interfere with the operation of any of the existing gear up there. Any ideas?
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby XRSUPA » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 pm

The overhead light on my FG-X (& BA) comes on when i open the door or push the dash button (BA), so has 2 switches. Maybe an easier way is to use the map light, controlled by the internal switch (?) When you push the lens. It has to have permanent power to it, maybe earthing to the roof bracing. You could piggyback of it. You would need a min of 1 amp only as that is what your phone charges off, but it might by 5 or 7.5 or 10 amps from the factory. The fuse will tell you, but that is also for all other lights on the same circuit as well. You can buy female USB plugs. The wire from the fuse box probably runs up inside the A Pillar.
XRSUPA
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts