Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG MK2 Screen Relocating and ILX-007e Install

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby trus0und » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi All,

Pretty new to these forums, and the world of car modifications! Thought it would be nice to post here as perhaps someone will be able to advise me.

I own a 2012 FG Mk2 and have taken the ICC out to have a look. Overall, it seems the wiring should be easily relocated. My idea is to take the 8" ICC screen and have it below the ICC controls, with a piece of custom fascia that uses the tissue box clips to hook in. I will then run a 7" Alpine ILX-007e which I own up top with another custom bit of fascia to make it look like it was meant to be there. The ILX is quite shallow, which should give clearance to have it up there without too much trouble. I will also do away with the cigarette lighter/power source down there to give the ICC plenty of clearance.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or cautions about doing this? It seems feasible but I feel as though i've read that the mk2 ICC screens are temperamental if you mess with them too much. Is there any truth to this providing I am gentle with it and the wiring when moving it?

This seems to be the easiest way to end up with CarPlay in this car, which it is sorely lacking.

Thanks and hope you're all well!

trus0und.
trus0und
Newbie Modder

Postby nfv » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am

There may be an alternative. im not sure if ASL are still doing their PC Input kit, but there are others around.

If you use one of them, and the Ebay Carplay kit
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CMT-Carplay- ... SwOrxZ1adQ

(This is the touch screen one) - you should be able to have the best of both worlds.

Nigel
nfv
Newbie Modder

Postby JeffDav » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 pm

You shouldn't have any problems, just triple check the wires don't get crossed when you extend them.

The screens are fairly durable they are known to suddenly die but this is a software issue not hardware.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts