Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Video Connector Availability for Series I VE Models

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby ZerOne » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have seen some conflicting information regarding the Video Connector for the Headunit for Series I models.
I have read that models with the factory fitted colour LCD screen (I.E. SSV, Calais, HSV, Statesman, Caprice) have the Video Connector already fitted to these models.

(Apparently the video connector is there for optionally fitting the Sat-Nav system, and that this connector is wired to a conventional square connector located on the LHS of the glove box).

Thinking of how Holden like to save every penny they can, I cant imagine the video connector being available, however it would be a nice surprise if this was the case).

Is there anyone with a Series I SSV, Calais, or HSV model (Without factory Sat-Nav or Rear Seat Entertainment) that can shed some light on this ?

The reason why I am asking is that I am trying to piece together all the wiring looms for my Series I Sat-Nav system, and I am wondering if I will need to remove the Series 1 Video connector from my cars loom to package with the Sat-Nav system when I sell it.

Cheers for any help !
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby doubledip » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 am

Hey Matti

no the connector is not in a car that doesnt have SAT NAV... mine 2006 SSV didnt have that connector floating around at all... Is it part of the main harness in your car or an add in part?
doubledip

Postby ZerOne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks for that :)

Yeah, it looks like its part of the main harness. (I cant separate the video connector without cutting the harness).
Likewise with the Sat-Nav Video Connector side.

(Looks like I will be cutting the connectors off to sell my Series I Sat-Nav Unit).

Cheers and thanks again for your help !
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby doubledip » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:09 pm

oh.. and Matti, i am back home again so whe you want to organise that programming let me know and we can catch up
doubledip

Postby winmilla » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Does anyone have any clear photos of the white plug on the vga cable from the sat nav unit that would help me identify the plug used - I would like to get one of these cables but no one seems to know the part number so I need to make my own up
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby velj » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:11 pm

I got a Maloo wiring loom for the full dash conversion, but I cbz doing it, it has the VGA connector for video on the too part, if that's what ur talking about?
Does anyone no if I can buy that plug anywhere like what jhp sell for the RCA inputs?
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby winmilla » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 am

What I'm after is a some clearer photos white connector in this link so I can try and make my own lead

http://www.carmodder.com/view_part.php?part_id=419&make_id=2&model_id=19
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 am

When I get home from work tonight, Ill see if I have a good picture of this connector.

It might be easier though just to source a VGA D SUB Connector from Jaycar, and solder directly on this this connector, and then run a cable directly to the headunit ?

doc-holden-commodore-ve-fitting-factory-sat-navigation-d75m19.html#14

The above page shows the pinouts for the VGA connector, and the Pinout for the Headunit (Series 1) Video Connector.

If you do it this way, you can keep your existing factory VGA DSub to white connector cable, and maybe even sell it off on eBay for some $$$$
(I have seen quite a few Sat Nav units that have been sold without any video connectors, or even the glovebox wiring loom for power and SW Can).

I hope this helps ?
(When I get home, I will look for photos of the above connector).
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby velj » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

So I can buy a VGA connector for the series 1 headunits from jcar? Wtf
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby radrace19 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 am

ZerOne wrote:When I get home from work tonight, Ill see if I have a good picture of this connector.

It might be easier though just to source a VGA D SUB Connector from Jaycar, and solder directly on this this connector, and then run a cable directly to the headunit ?

doc-holden-commodore-ve-fitting-factory-sat-navigation-d75m19.html#14

The above page shows the pinouts for the VGA connector, and the Pinout for the Headunit (Series 1) Video Connector.

If you do it this way, you can keep your existing factory VGA DSub to white connector cable, and maybe even sell it off on eBay for some $$$$
(I have seen quite a few Sat Nav units that have been sold without any video connectors, or even the glovebox wiring loom for power and SW Can).

I hope this helps ?
(When I get home, I will look for photos of the above connector).

I think I have the white connecor at home I got it from a Toyota dealer. It plugs into the square connector behind the glove box.
Is that the one?
2009 G8 GXP
586 rwhp - LS3, Cam, TVS2300
radrace19
Starting Ignition

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts