Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Aircon Problem

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby VEV8 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

Hi All,

Firstly, great forum - get lots of good advice here.

First time post so hopefully the right area..

My Aircon on my Series 1 SSV has kind of stopped working. I say kind of.. because..

The a/c & heating etc works on the drivers side BUT has stopped working on the passenger side and the rear of the car. It only blows warm air on those sides. I did take it to holden and they just it would be easier to replace the heater core unit... no warranty left and will cost around $1600.

Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and how they fixed it or suggestions?

Thanks
VEV8
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:45 pm

It sounds to me like the passenger side blend door motor has stopped working, or door itself may be broken,
or the wiring to the blend door may be stuffed.

(When I say blend door, I mean the motor and the flap that is used to blend the heated air from the airbox, and the cool air from the A/C condenser / outside air)....

The passenger side blend door motor should be easy to get to.
(A member, msenj actually fitted one to her Single Zone climate control)...

From memory, the blend door motor is located towards the centre of the dash....

What I would try to do is get access to this motor, pull it off, and see if you can manually move the temperature flap..

If you can manually move the flap, then I would be trying to set the passenger temp and seeing if the motor moves when it is not physically connected to the airbox...

From this, you should get a good idea if the motor is the problem, or if the flap is broken....

I will try and find some images for you so as you can have a look and hopefully save yourself some money...
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

The above image (Thanks to msenj for posting this one up ;) ) shows a non Dual Zone Climate control box fitted to a VE Commodore.

The Blue Star shaped thing is where the passenger side blend door actuator / motor connects to the airbox...
There should be a module / motor thing screwed in to this location.
(This will be the Blend Door Motor for the Passenger Side)...

Hope this hepls
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby VEV8 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks heaps!

Now, bit of a noob question - what's the best way to access the motor?
Is it a case of removing glovebox and passenger kick plate? Or do I need to attack from the opposite side?

Thanks again
VEV8
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts