Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

roof mounted DVD player

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby msze1988 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am

guys who knows how the connections can be made for the roof mounted DVD :? ?
msze1988
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am

From memory, there are quite a few connections for the roof mounted DVD player.
(Obvious ones are audio, video for the front screen, power, and a connection for the Single wire can).

I will have a look at the workshop manual, and see if I can find some details for you on the exact connector and wiring connections.

Unfortunately, there will not be any plugs in the roof where you can plug the thing in, so you will need to run new cabling down from the roof, and possibly to the headunit.
(The good news is the headunit has all the wires you need access to, power, CAN, audio and video inputs).
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby msze1988 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am

I already have the cable and as you said it has many plugs but I can't find where to plug them .
I did remove the glove box and took a look on the stereo head unit but I cant find a socket that matches with the cable plugs ! :(
msze1988
Starting Ignition

Postby joni007 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

As i have remembered in this matter that there is no connection,connector and cable are not available on the top or roof to mounted DVD player.

So if you want to mount your DVD player on top you can make your own external wiring..
vx
joni007
Newbie Modder

Postby shterk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 am

For anyone interested, a series 2 ve without rear DVD does not have any harnesses in the roof to simply plug into to install a roof mount DVD player. You will need to create your own harness as Holden only sell it as a kit with a new headliner at around $895!
Also, if you have the video plug for the IQ unit already it will be much easier to wire it up as the connector is already in the car so you simply have to make up your own harness and plug it in to it.
shterk
Starting Ignition

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts