Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Series II IQ Question

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 am

Yeh, I have checked out a handful lately & have not seen one with that combination......Did you load that in? All the omega's I looked at have the AHU1B (sys), but VuC is AHU1. Plus you don't have your front c speaker hooked up, so the fading problem won't matter to you. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

I haven't found a berlina or calais to check yet, mainly sv6 ss & omega's. I am going to the Gold coast next few days so i'll find a car yard with a better variety than we have here.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes i flashed it all in and i have a ute but using all 4 channels (i turned on the rears). I do have the center speaker disconnected because it destroys the stereo field, i disconnected this 2 days after I got the VE (when it had the S1 radio). I am also running the blue skin
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:18 pm

The blue skin looks good, especially with the calais cluster & seems to be easier for me to read, hence getting rid of the red sv6 cluster that is very poor for this caliber of car. I used to have to lean forward a bit to hear the center speaker, but now you can hear it from the back. Maybe to do with not being able to adjust the phone/TA/start-up volumes anymore.
They will have to set up some software for mine that makes It ALL work properly like it did, whether being the original s/w or not if they don't have the 305 version before I am satisfied. Anyway, enough of annoying you with my problem, but help & input is always truely appreciated thanks & cheers jezzab.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:23 pm

For Holden to go back in calibrations it will be exactly like doubledip said at the start, Holden will have to request a VCI update and then they just have to flash it in.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeh I know jezza, that's why in the first place I requested holden cust serv to send down my old unit & get It flashed back, blue screen, camera & rse, then send it back to the dealer to fit it. At first they were going to, but no they made me wait six weeks for Justin to come and give me the result that I have now. My reason for that was so it was all done properly once & never needed to be touched again.. Now six months later. I told the dealer to request a VCI, and he did but the techs would not give them one & let them do it. He showed me all the emails he sent to the techs & the result the techs gave him. A big FULL stop at VCI !! Even with the VCI, I don't think the local guys are too keen to try it after all the headaches they have had with it. I asked another dealer 40k's from here & he said no problem, if I can get holden to send him the software on usb or VCI and when I told Luba from cust serv that she said "shouldn't be a problem" I was relieved but again Justin said no.
I am pretty sure that if Justin had of turned up at a decent time, & allowed a little more time to go over it properly, he could of fixed it all on the day. I suppose though at nearly 7.00pm all they wanted to do was get home for dinner, hence the big rush....LOL although the manager did say he will stay around until it's fixed for me. I have been so patient with them, they have had enough time & chances to fix it, but now i'm pissed. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby doubledip » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 pm

you maybe pissed at them but in the end it all falls back on you... you are requesting something that was not from factory - SV6 with blue screen... since then you have faced dramas
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Come on dd, you know yourself that there are hundreds of screens changed to blue with no problems. You make a living out of doing it, and whats the problem....it's fucking RED now & still the same shit problems. If it was RED & worked properly would be a different story. The story is it don't work how it should, no two ways about it. I specifically told holden not to flash it or update it to the latest version for this reason. As I have said 10 times now, the manager said they have to update it anyway, it's a mandatory update. I told him again not to & he said we'll do it & see how it goes! Well thats how it goes. If you think the blue screen fucked it, then why do you'se do it? You would go broke.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby doubledip » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:29 pm

I do but they don't complain about the sound - this is the difference

like going to get you car modified to go quicker.. then turning round to the mechanic / tuner and saying it now uses more petrol .... you modify it this is what happens....

there is no way round it ... to go blue you need to tis2web it (well holden do) and this grabs latest updates - which you don't like cause of some sound issue and they make it blue... ..

I hate to say it but I think your chances of getting anything resolved through holden will be 0
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Exactly, but instead of using more fuel on a suped up motor, my IQ is using more energy for the front speaker. It is supposed to be an update...not a DOWNGRADE. Ok, it's the front c speaker issue & the start up volume, phone & TA settings that don't work either. All used to work properly & thats that.
You said "I do but they don't complain about the sound" Maybe you do a good job for them, first go. Could be the difference.
silversv6
Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts