Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Series 1 VE Sat Nat

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby winmilla » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:29 am

Does anyone know if the Travelpilot EX-V supplied by Holden has custom software/firmware or is it a standard Blaupunkt unit and the disc itself contains the different coding for communication with the headunit buttons?
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:43 am

It looks like its a standard blaupunkt unit.
Even the map CD looks kinda standard.

The nav unit is the same as ones fitted in the UK/Germany in Opel Vauxhall Astra models around 2005 to 2008.

Likewise the sensis nav DVD is the same as what they use in some Volkswagen and Audi models. (Some of the vw guys were buying the DVD from Holden as it was much cheaper than from vw)

The nav gateway is the module that is vehicle specific, as it is different for the Opel Vauxhall models, and converts the very specific blaupunkt output signals to the very specific saw 29bit can signals used by the cluster for displaying nav alerts and such.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby winmilla » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks for the reply - im in the UK and managed to cobble together a complete sat nav unit from various parts on the cheap - i connected it all up last night but the standard blaupunkt disc doesnt seem to map to the headunit buttons - the video displays ok

Guess i need to try and get an original disc and try that next otherwise i think i may have to give up
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby mewstone » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:45 pm

I have recently purchased a 2006 Calais VE v, What is the procedure for getting the Sat Nav connected and what are the approximate charges involved. Many thanks
mewstone
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi there,

If you dont have the Sat Nav unit fitted already, then you will need to
1) Source the Factory Sat Nav unit,
2) The Nav Gateway module,
3) The video connector which goes from the back of the Main Nav unit, and connects to the Headunit
4) The Nav glovebox wiring loom.
5) (You will also need to source the Maps DVD).
6) And The Sat Nav antenna

If you have all these parts, fitting it all up isnt too hard.
(It would take around 1 day to fit up if you take your time).

The only problem is Holden charges both and arm, a leg, and your first born child for Series I Sat Nav Stuff,
and sourcing the stuff from eBay can be very hit and miss.
(Most wreckers pulling this stuff dont know their ass from their heads, and usually only sell the main Nav unit, forgetting that you need the wiring looms and Nav gateway unit).

The alternative is to go for the Holden IQ upgrade (and get a model with Sat Nav).
The IQ Sat nav is light years ahead of the Series I Nav. (Speed alerts, school and red light camera alerts, 3D view) etc.
Though saying that you will be looking at a fair bit of coin to get an IQ unit with Sat Nav.

Hope this helps.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby winmilla » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Confirmed - just to make others aware it appears as though the Blaupunkt TravelPilot EX-V fitted to the series 1 VE must have a custom firmware.

I tried a UK supplied sat nav disc in a spare "vanilla" TravelPilot EX-V unit and although it displays the map none of the buttons work.
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby Gibo » Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi all, been reading a lot of stuff here about the factory SAT NAV and installation steps, great stuff!
I came across some rumors, as I bought a secondhand factory SAT NAV, about installing the factory SAT NAV thats coming from another Commodore 2010 and to be installed in a Calais 07 series 1 with LCD head unit, I would need to programme it to accept the SAT NAV in the system. I asked the Holden Dealer and he said can't be done as its not done from factory when new, another said needs programming :? My Calais series 1 head unit has the button for SAT NAV but not on the steering wheel. Can anyone confirm whether I would have to programme the head unit to accept another commodore 2010 factory SAT NAV? Thanks for help.
Gibo
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Sat May 14, 2016 8:20 am

Doesn't need Progrsmming. Once you install it, it will send packets over can bus that the radio can see and when you press Nav will display the video I put from the Nav unit. Technically Nav should be enabled on the dash cluster but I've found the early units like yours would still display
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts