Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VMC Bypass

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby WMHSV » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Might be the wrong place to post but I would like to know if anyone here is capable of bypassing the VMC in a WMII Grange. Happy to pay a "fair" price but I can't justify the $300 or thereabouts that the auto electricians want for basically a 2 minute job. I'm in Melbourne and have cash.
Thanks in advance.
WMHSV
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:11 am

WMHSV wrote:Might be the wrong place to post but I would like to know if anyone here is capable of bypassing the VMC in a WMII Grange. Happy to pay a "fair" price but I can't justify the $300 or thereabouts that the auto electricians want for basically a 2 minute job. I'm in Melbourne and have cash.
Thanks in advance.

VMC? You mean VIM? You mean disable the Video In Motion lockout or something else?
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am

[/quote}VMC? You mean VIM? You mean disable the Video In Motion lockout or something else?[/quote]

Must mean VMC, because I don't think the average auto elect can by pass the VIM. Still scratching my head on VMC. Vehicle Monitoring Camera?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby doubledip » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:34 pm

WMHSV wrote:Might be the wrong place to post but I would like to know if anyone here is capable of bypassing the VMC in a WMII Grange. Happy to pay a "fair" price but I can't justify the $300 or thereabouts that the auto electricians want for basically a 2 minute job. I'm in Melbourne and have cash.
Thanks in advance.

LOL makes me laugh so much

" but I can't justify the $300 or thereabouts that the auto electricians want for basically a 2 minute job"

- just cause it doesn't take long doesn't mean it shouldn't cost $300...

Hell send it to me I will charge you $600 if you like and keep you car for a week just so you don't feel ripped off..... you need to realise that just cause it takes 2 minutes to bypass something doesn't mean that the very first one also took 2 minutes...
doubledip

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 pm

If he can afford a WM Grange he can afford the $300.
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 pm

;) On the money.

Wonder if any thought went into how much we have spent on diagnostic tools , modules. And other hardware along with countless late nights hacking away at this crap just so we can do it not forgetting all the stuffed up parts from "doing the wrong thing".
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:44 pm

And...he'll probably fry a set of $500 tyres in a week on that Grange........I can't justify that!!
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby doubledip » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 pm

but.... can you justify joining in may... and then only posting once in aug for the vim LOL
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeh cause it takes most of us three months to save up 300 bucks. Now that should justify it!! LOL
Cheers
PS: he has "cash" in Melbourne. did he mean cash ews? or not quiet 300
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Rayrayrr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:07 pm

not to put sticks on the fire.... but this is a very hostile forum...
fair enough people shouldn't join and just ask for a VIM unlock and i get that you guys have spent endless hours.. pulling apart and reprogramming your headunits/Dash ect ect..

i joined over a year ago, which is actually further back than majority.. I have not been active in ages due to new work commitments and other life matters.

still doesn't give anyone a decent reason to make fun or make sarcastic comments to him...
i give you guys kudos on your knowledge and skill.. but just because he drives a nice car does not make him have ample money to blow on certain things..

I also am guilty of asking for VIM details.... but was unaware of the past history of trouble the forum has had with this...
Maybe put a sticky at the top to prevent further questions..
just trying to help/prevent anymore VIM related questions.
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts