Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VIM Reprogramming.

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Rayrayrr » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:19 am

Hey guys,
I know its a matter of just reprogramming the headunit eeprom to disable the VIM.
does anyone know its location or what values i would be looking for??

Thanks.
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 am

Hi rayayrr,

It's currently not publicly known here. Hopefully someone who has had VIM disabled can share some EEPROM dumps with the site admins for further analysis.
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby Rayrayrr » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:49 am

Ahhh damn :(
was hoping someone had already done that.
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 am

They might have, but I have not seen it posted. I'm awaiting a new programmer and bits to do some fiddling (tipped beer on my ancient programmer a day before finding this site - ain't that a bitch?)
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Zeeko wrote:They might have, but I seen it posted. I'm awaiting a new programmer and bits to do some fiddling (tipped beer on my ancient programmer a day before finding this site - ain't that a bitch?)

Correct, there is no public posting of the exact VIM location or info on this site. There is though alot of hints dropped around the place that should be enough (and has been enough) to find its location if you spend a bit of time experimenting (and LEARNING)
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:56 pm

jezzab wrote:
Zeeko wrote:They might have, but I seen it posted. I'm awaiting a new programmer and bits to do some fiddling (tipped beer on my ancient programmer a day before finding this site - ain't that a bitch?)

Correct, there is no public posting of the exact VIM location or info on this site. There is though alot of hints dropped around the place that should be enough (and has been enough) to find its location if you spend a bit of time experimenting (and LEARNING)

I wonder if that means some GMLAN fiddling... ;)
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Zeeko wrote:They might have, but I have not seen it posted. I'm awaiting a new programmer and bits to do some fiddling (tipped beer on my ancient programmer a day before finding this site - ain't that a bitch?)

Good idea, give the beer to your old programmer instead. That way you may be able to think a little better & remember that beer goes in your mouth!!
Tip beer on your woman & you get no sex:
Tip beer on your programmer & you get no HEX: So just drink it properly.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 pm

silversv6 wrote:
Zeeko wrote:They might have, but I have not seen it posted. I'm awaiting a new programmer and bits to do some fiddling (tipped beer on my ancient programmer a day before finding this site - ain't that a bitch?)

Good idea, give the beer to your old programmer instead. That way you may be able to think a little better & remember that beer goes in your mouth!!
Tip beer on your woman & you get no sex:
Tip beer on your programmer & you get no HEX: So just drink it properly.

Oh wow that saying is too perfect for me. :lol: Time to get the camelbak out!

...The missus has started to get annoyed at me with the amount of 'projects' I have going, and I go and buy another car and explicitly promise 'no fiddling with it'. :roll: :roll:

Anyway, I contemplated getting the Arduio CAN shield, but then seconds later saw info on modifying ELM327 ODBII interfaces to accept SWC. So customising seems funner.

By this weekend I'll hopefully have some very interesting information 'straight from the horses mouth' but more on that later!
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Too many beers & I can guarantee it will come from the horses ass!
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 am

Zeeko wrote:I wonder if that means some GMLAN fiddling... ;)

It means that many have pursued the illusive VIM location, demanding it be spoon fed to them!

A fair few people have worked it out using only the hints dropped here on the site.. and probably a fair few trial and errors.

Best part of it all is after all that complaining,abuse, frustration and research to find the damn VIM location... no-one ever after posts what they find. :roll:
Funny how their mind set suddenly changes and they no longer are the "sharing" type.

Good luck anyways :D
TazzI

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts