Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

WM Genuine Roof mounted DVD install

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby N00btron » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster. I've always loved reading about all the cool builds and mods all you guys manage to carry out and I've finally bitten the bullet and started on one of my own.

Unfortunately I think I might've bitten off more than I can chew lol.. :oops: Basically I'm installing the entire interior from a WM Grange into my WM Statesman and I've had a few interesting issues cropping up. The biggest one at the moment that keeps frustrating me is the roof mounted DVD player. I basically soldered some cable to run down the B pillars to attach at the bottom of both the seats to connect the LCD displays into the DVD player, however when I got to the Driver's side A pillar where you plug in the connector from the headlining there appears to be no plug.

Should've probably checked it out beforehand but now I'm kinda stuck halfway and have no idea where to wire that missing connecter. Has anyone had any experience in attempting this before?
This is the connecter I'm talking about:
IMAG0941.jpg

And I have a connecter for the grey plug but an empty slot where the blue plug is supposed to be:
IMAG0939.jpg

I've tried to go over the wiring diagram that has been posted by Matti (doc-holden-commodore-ve-factory-head-unit-stereo-wiring-information-d67m19.html) But I can't quite figure out whether I can indeed wire that blue clip somehow into one of those connectors at the side of my stereo:
IMAG0944.jpg

As far as I'm aware the head unit that I bought should be the right one to handle the roof mounted DVD player (I bought the bose one)

IMAG0943.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

Besides this major issue I've installed everything else (mostly);

IMAG0937.jpg

Any help is most appreciated guys :)

I'll post up some more pics soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
N00btron
Newbie Modder

Postby henry19720 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Mate Holden part # 92198869 harness kit will allow you to connect the DVD player to the dealer option connector located under the glovebox. Included in this kit is a patch lead to go into your radio. This harness will run down the passenger a pillar.

I'm attempting to go through this at the moment as well and got the unit powered up only to run into the theft lock. I have tried to match the components with a tech 2 but can't get around. Next step is to read the EEPROM and attempt to wipe the donor vehicles VIN off the controller.

The blue plug harness goes into a connector next to the grey one. I reckon they are only on factory fit RSE vehicles.

Hope this helps.
henry19720
Kicking Tyres

Postby WIKED » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I might buy and install this also but I have upgraded to an IQ in my E1. I'm happy to connect it up although I know it will not be plug and pray for me. Also know there are better ones to buy but im after the factory look

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
WIKED
Starting Ignition

Postby N00btron » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting up the rest of my project but I've hit some roadblocks that I haven't yet been able to get past. Thanks for suggesting the part numbers there henry19720, I ended up completely bypassing that system by installing my own screens and hooked them up to a raspberry pi.
IMAG1342.jpg

I wanted the entire setup to look as stock as possible so I wanted to use the power switch in the roof-mounted DVD player to switch on the screens and the Raspberry Pi. I encountered unforseen errors when I found that the switch is actually a carbon film type switch which I couldn't wire into. So I ended up butchering the PCB and drilled a hole through it so I could insert a normal push button contact switch.
IMAG1332.jpg

IMAG1334.jpg

Once that was done, I ran the switch's cabling down the B Pillars to the area underneath the passenger's seat to a relay, where I've placed the Raspberry PI and the HDMI Splitter. From here it was fairly straightforward as I just ran the HDMI cables from the splitter, through the back of the front seats and into the headrests:

IMAG1346.jpg

IMAG1342.jpg

The entire setup is controlled with a wireless remote control :D

That would've concluded my first foray into a bigger project but after 2 weeks of smooth sailing the aircon wouldn't turn off and the blower has been sitting at 100%. :(

So after going through all the forum posts I realised that I had to reprogram the EEPROM in the HCE module because I'd changed the head unit from the stock Blaupunkt one to the BOSE one from a Caprice.

What I was stuck at was that my car is a statesman which had dual zone climate control from the beginning but has failed to work now. Funnily enough, the listing I purchased from eBay for the BOSE head unit also included the HCE unit.

The weird thing is that once the problem with the Aircon cropped up, and I read the solutions posted up here I thought that changing the HCE unit to the one that was sent with the Bose head unit would solve the problem. But when I plugged it all in it did stop the aircon from blowing at 100% but it also failed to show anything on the head unit display except for the rear demister and the A/C. I have no control over the aircon whatsoever. I tried the actuator relearn procedure and everything but unfortunately the same thing keeps happening. The display shows the following: :?

IMAG1484[1].jpg

If anyone has any ideas on what is going on and how I might be able to fix it I'd be really grateful :)

I also have the Keeprog Programmer with which I tried to reprogram my original HCE with the 2008 caprice V dual zone Eeprom but I got the same result as the new HCE. I've uploaded my original HCE dump in case it helps anyone.

Thanks for any responses in advance :D

old hvac.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
N00btron
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts