Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Atari gauges with IQ unit. Can it be done?

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby jchantrey » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi all, newbie here.

I am looking into putting an IQ conversion into my 2010 sv6 sportswagon. Ive noticed some kits come with the round air vents above the unit and some are square vents with a rectangular opening above. If i was to obtain the rectangular vents, do they allow the little red screen to remain in its position?

Also, can the sv6 red screen even be programmed to display the gauges or do i need to source an ss screen.

Thankyou for you help
jchantrey
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 pm

I think you will find the IQ takes place of your little red screen. You also need the HVAC controls (heater-air con controls) as well as they are integrated with the IQ which will come in the kit. SV6, SS, Calais, Berlina etc are all the same IQ/screen, only the software versions differ. Your HVAC module may need to be reprogrammed as well. Omega IQ's don't rip CD's. ??what gauges do you want it to display?? The IQ will display the details for the air con, phone, ipod etc anyway. Round vents are SV6 & SS (sport models) & the square vents are Omega, Berlina, Calais.
cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Morris70 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Don't think you would be able to mount the Atari gauges once the IQ is in, but yes the red audio display can be reprogrammed to the Volts/oil pressure gauges with a Tech2.
Morris70
Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts