Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Series 1 Headunit - funny eeprom reads

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:10 am

You may only have a standard air conditioning unit, not sz climate control.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby pek1973 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:01 am

Thanks Silversv6, where does that leave me? Does that mean I cant use a level3/4 headunit with DZ controls with a std AC unit?

bit of a disaster if that is the case.
Chevrolet CR8 (aka HSV E1 Clubsport)
Borla Cat Back Exhaust
VCM CAI
6L80 Deep Sump Mod.
Pat G. Tune
Bilstein B8, Tein S Tech lowered springs, Superpro Strut mount tops
Parrott MKI 9200 Bluetooth
pek1973
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 am

Read through this if you have not already. May help you, otherwise doubledip or ZerOne are the brains you'll need.
viewtopic.php?f=806&t=12679&hilit=ve+vin+eprom+programming
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:58 pm

silversv6 wrote:Read through this if you have not already. May help you, otherwise doubledip or ZerOne are the brains you'll need.

Thanks mate. Ill remember that
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:03 pm

pek1973 wrote:UPDATE:

Well after a huge number of tries, I eventually got a proper read by pulling the unit down all the way to the board, and make sure the 3m clip seated properly. Installed in the car and fires up perfectly.

Moved on to replacing the HVAC module, and thats when everything ground to a halt again. I cant find the damn HVAC unit, based on the pictures I've seen on various forums my car doesnt look anything like the other pictures. I have a Chev CR8, which is a HSV E1 with base SS headunit (Lvl 2 unit, no screen) fitted (ie. SZ).

Where I see others have the HVAC unit, I seem to have a small denso unit with only 4 input wires. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or my car doesnt have the same HVAC module as the aussie delivered stuff. If I am right am guessing I may have to modify the harness. I did find a large plug near the passenger (remember LHD) which has some cables looped.

I have pictures but for some reason cant uploads them at this time (keep getting an error).#

any help appreciated

So you have nothing behind the glove box? Image

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:06 pm

jezzab wrote:
silversv6 wrote:Read through this if you have not already. May help you, otherwise doubledip or ZerOne are the brains you'll need.

Thanks mate. Ill remember that

What's the problem? you know you've got the brains as well. I just gathered I have not seen you on here for a bit and said nothing on this thread, so I assumed you have had other things on your plate to keep you busy. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Righto

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby pek1973 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

There is nothing like the HCM module in my car, have pulled apart both sides of the dash to check if it was on the other side but it doesnt appear so.

I'm thinking the CR8 (HSV E1) that came here has only Standard AC and not even Single Zone. have pictures but cant upload them to the site as I keep getting the following error:

Could not upload attachment to ./files/71430_c555e2588b3d34827038d8bffd5b1970.

where the HCM module appears to be for everyone else, I only have a small "denso" unit with a 4 wire plug.

If there is a way to have a level 4 headunit interact with the standard AC I would be a happy man, as there doesn't appear to be any spare looms lying around, so the DZ HCM is a bust (i think). so unless I am missing something completely, I need to find a way to interact with the std ac and the Lvl 4 deck.

appreciate any help, PK
Chevrolet CR8 (aka HSV E1 Clubsport)
Borla Cat Back Exhaust
VCM CAI
6L80 Deep Sump Mod.
Pat G. Tune
Bilstein B8, Tein S Tech lowered springs, Superpro Strut mount tops
Parrott MKI 9200 Bluetooth
pek1973
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 pm

pek1973 wrote:There is nothing like the HCM module in my car, have pulled apart both sides of the dash to check if it was on the other side but it doesnt appear so.

I'm thinking the CR8 (HSV E1) that came here has only Standard AC and not even Single Zone. have pictures but cant upload them to the site as I keep getting the following error:

Could not upload attachment to ./files/71430_c555e2588b3d34827038d8bffd5b1970.

where the HCM module appears to be for everyone else, I only have a small "denso" unit with a 4 wire plug.

If there is a way to have a level 4 headunit interact with the standard AC I would be a happy man, as there doesn't appear to be any spare looms lying around, so the DZ HCM is a bust (i think). so unless I am missing something completely, I need to find a way to interact with the std ac and the Lvl 4 deck.

appreciate any help, PK

G'day pek1973. Looks like you may have to get a climate control unit for under the dash + module & harness plus the sensors or resistors if you can't source the sensor/s easily. I am pretty sure the single zone can be converted to dual zone easily, but not sure if the standard air con box can, It is all in that link I sent you in an earlier post. The denso unit you have found, I would say is only the air con compressor relay/controller. I know its about 40 odd pages, but will help your headache......It could get better....then again, it could get worse! If you can't set your air con to a set temperature eg,22 degrees, & you have to turn the air con on & off or the fan speed up & down to control an even temp manually, Then you don't have climate control. Hope this clears it up a bit for you. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby silversv6 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 am

pek1973, I am pretty sure the four wire "denso" module you are looking at is the fan/blower motor speed controller. I have a picture of it but can't upload it either & it's only 54kb...JPG!
jezzab has all the luck!

EDIT: found a link to one on fleabay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/04-05-06-Cad ... 1379713967
silversv6
Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts