Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

White Screen when in reverse

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby pebbs » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi all, the screen on my VE series 2 turns white with the guide lines when put into reverse.
Tried changing cameras no difference - tried taking out the connector at the side of the unit - no difference.
Possible the unit is cactus? Everything else works fine except the reverse camera.
Anyone know who could fix it in the brisbane area other than Northfield?
Thanks
pebbs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Possibly try a new video plug and new camera. Best way to check the camera is wiring up outside of the cars and pluggni into the composite of a TV.
TazzI

Postby pebbs » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks Tazzie- but things are not looking good with the VE 2 head unit.
Spoke to the tech today who has the car and although he hasn't quiet finished prodding with it it all points to the video controller at this stage.
He made some mumbling about costing a arm and leg if it has to come from Holden so i now wonder has anyone got a broken unit that may still have the card or does a series 1 card possibly fit. Have not asked the tech yet don't want to annoy him to much i think every question costs money with them.
Will know more tomorrow. :evil:
pebbs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 pm

pebbs wrote:Thanks Tazzie- but things are not looking good with the VE 2 head unit.
Spoke to the tech today who has the car and although he hasn't quiet finished prodding with it it all points to the video controller at this stage.
He made some mumbling about costing a arm and leg if it has to come from Holden so i now wonder has anyone got a broken unit that may still have the card or does a series 1 card possibly fit. Have not asked the tech yet don't want to annoy him to much i think every question costs money with them.
Will know more tomorrow. :evil:

Id be amazed if the "tech" knew what he was even talking about, let along be able to fit a second hand headunit to the car. :lol:

Whats worse, is if you swap out your headunit for another and find its still doing the same thing! Really do need to check if its the reverse camera/video plug of the actual radio.
TazzI

Postby nathanl123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Don't spend to much on a unit either, preferably buy one from someone that can program it to your vin number. A lot of us around Australia that can do it for you.

Try finding just the rear unit (silver box). Unlike the Seres 1, the Series 2 facia can be fitted to any IQ unit, so there's no need to buy a new screen if you can find just a unit.

In reply to your question about Series 1 unit parts fitting the IQ, no it won't fit.
nathanl123
Kicking Tyres

Postby pebbs » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:09 pm

nathanl123
Thank you for the reply.
Mate i am at wits end with this, trouble is i'm close to 70 years old and it all gets a bit much this technology. I thought by fitting the camera it would make it a bit easier for me reversing i didnt expect all this worry and now expense, oh well live and learn they say but at this rate i better live to 100 if i expect to learn :lol:
Still waiting for reply from techie, how the hell he knows what he is doing, i sure dont.
pebbs
Newbie Modder

Postby pebbs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:36 pm

The problem was traced to the video board - not serviceable - every thing else works ok but the reversing camera.
Thanks for all you advice.
pebbs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:38 am

pebbs wrote:The problem was traced to the video board - not serviceable - every thing else works ok but the reversing camera.
Thanks for all you advice.

Sounds like youll be needing another headunit programmed in ;)
TazzI

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts