Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VE series 2 hvac Issues

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Jase01 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:56 pm

New to this forum, have looked but not found what I'm after so apologies if I've missed it somewhere.

I had the original problem of no air from floor vents. Every other function worked fine. Didn't really bother me too much until I found on another forum that a re-learn may fix it. so held the rear demister in for 3-5sec and let it re-learn.
Now Air is stuck on windscreen demist only.
As I understand this is a default setting it goes to when it detects a problem (obviously the floor vent actuator during the re-learn)?
Also just noticed that, the air coming from the windscreen demist is flat out hot on the passenger side (and not in anyway adjustable) but the drivers side is still adjustable from hot to cold.

So my question is, will changing the floor actuator (the original problem) and re-learn fix this or do I now have issues with the blend doors as well?
Any info would be much appreciated, or a link to a workshop manual if there's any around.

Cheers
Jase01
Newbie Modder

Postby ervich » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:25 am

Hi Jase01,
I'm by all means not an expert on the issue, but I just have had the same problem on my 08 WM Statesman, just other way around... hot on the pass side , and cold on the drivers, after 2 weeks struggle, have replaced actuator, reseted it after installation and everything works fine. It is easy DYI job if one is flexible enough to lay on the back on the floor as my young mechanic did. It took him about 20 minutes including take all covers down,check faulty actuator by connecting it to the working side plug, open up the working actuator I have had, to change the arm position. All 3 HVAC actuators on VE/WM are the same except the position of the arm on the top one's and the actual arm on the lower one on the pass side. The top one's are responsible for the temperature control, they are have a reversible single star shape end steparm. It was black on the drivers side, those on the pass side were white. I'm wondering if that how they differ from each other, The bottom one is controlling the airflow direction. It is positioned on the pass side near HVAC module, it has a white crescent shape steparm but it is the same actuator. Though if you have broken steparm on the bottom one, you will have to buy actual one. Even though the actuator itself is fine
I bought my 2 secondhand actuators with HVAC module for $40 from
http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/fairlaneltd? ... 2749.l2754
it was good deal, normally they go for about $20 for actuator and $65 for HVAC module on Ebay.I did replace my HVAC as well, but that due to the fact that cool air out of driver side wasn't really cold it was just a atmospheric air temperature, but we knew that compressor is fine and the system has gas in it. So we knew it was HVAC at fault and we have two different problems at the same time. Two jobs done in one go. I gave my young flexible friend $100 and I'm very happy after a quote of $1700 from Holden for whole heater unit replacement. I finished up with $140 perfectly working aircon.

I'm going to leave the fight with the idiots from the workshop who replaced perfectly working compressor behind the curtain.
I demanded return of the compressor checked it at home, and then used as evidence to get my money back .
:D :D :D
I have used that thread to replace HVAC module myself except the fact I did not bother to create a little tool mentioned in it, I have used longer than usual phillip head screwdriver and it was very easy.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-tos/213756-how-replace-hvac-module-ve-commodore.html
If anyone interested I can upload a picture of open actuator, after my young friend gone home, I checked faulty actuator and worked out that little motor in it was fine, but little circuit board was fried, so I still have half working actuator for the future experiments :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope it helps
ervich
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts