Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

ve calais seats in my omega possible problem ?

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby johnni » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 am

Hey all

I finally bought calais seats for my omega and there so good but I'm not sure if I wired them right as something doesnt seem right.

My omega standard seats had three plugs (Black plug with postiive and negitive wires for power and two yellow plugs for the airbag and seat belt) but the calais seats had 4 plugs which included a extra white plug for the memory module. I did some research and found out i am required to cut the red and black wires from the white plug and connect them to the other red/black wire to the black standard plug to give them power to operate the electric seats.
I did this and everything was working the way it should just without the memory function which doesnt bother me.

I did the same for the passenger side i cut the red and black wire off the white plug and ran a cable to the drivers side and soldered the red/black wires to the same black plug from the drivers seat so both seats are using the same black plug for power.

Now I'm not sure if this is a problem but now when I leave the car for like 10 min or so or lock the car and reopen it after sometime, when I try to move the drivers side seat forward/backwards it will not operate but if I press the buttons memory buttons 1,2,3 or M on the side of the seat and try adjust it it will work fine, it's like pressing those buttons wakes the chair up to give power.

What could be my issue ? As its annoying always pressing the M button to like wake the chair up to fully use it or has it got to do with someone else in my car ?

Any help would be great :)
johnni
Newbie Modder

Postby johnni » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:33 pm

The passenger front seat the electrics work even when the car is off or has been stationary for a while but the drivers seat cannot do this.

Has it something to do with the memory Module not delivering constant power ?
johnni
Newbie Modder

Postby Jfergs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

How did you guys go with this ?
Jfergs
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts