Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Non Climate control to Climate Control

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Any idea what price I should be aiming at for the HVAC?. I think Ill just scavenger everything.. poor blokes gonna be missing his entire dash haha... Is it worth taking the bcm? Will just take as many pictures as possible of what connected to what and take anything connected to the hvac and electric climate control.

Well multiple cuts... massive wiring job.. and cutting shit up and cursing.. sounds like I can make a day of it with a few beers haha.

With the radio pins.. I got an eeprom dump of a 6stacker a while ago, the dump was from a eeprom in the head unit body, But I couldn't read the eeprom on the radio face.. need a different programmer (was a 93C56 eeprom I think).
I couldn't find the pin on the head unit body eeprom so Im assuming its on the face.
TazzI

Postby Meeso0743 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Nemesis if you know the Vin of the car the head unit came out of or any relevant info i can get pins from a mate that works at Holden if that helps :)

i also have a 6 stacker to toy with :)
Meeso0743
Newbie Modder

Postby Nemesis04 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

TazzI wrote:Any idea what price I should be aiming at for the HVAC?. I think Ill just scavenger everything.. poor blokes gonna be missing his entire dash haha... Is it worth taking the bcm? Will just take as many pictures as possible of what connected to what and take anything connected to the hvac and electric climate control.

Well multiple cuts... massive wiring job.. and cutting shit up and cursing.. sounds like I can make a day of it with a few beers haha.

With the radio pins.. I got an eeprom dump of a 6stacker a while ago, the dump was from a eeprom in the head unit body, But I couldn't read the eeprom on the radio face.. need a different programmer (was a 93C56 eeprom I think).
I couldn't find the pin on the head unit body eeprom so Im assuming its on the face.

Hmmm, no more than 80 for the complete HVAC. Although the loom and other bits may end up costing you about 50-100 depending on how pricey your wreckers are... So looking at about 200-250 for a complete conversion? Custom job of course so you'll be paying for most of it in time.

In regards to the head unit:
Strange, I've got a spare faceplate so I'll try swapping them over... Although I have a funny feeling I did this and it worked with the original pin code. If you say you can't find it on the eeprom on the main board... It has to be on the M16C micro. I'm fairly sure you can read the contents via a serial connection... mostly to retrieve pin codes for Blaupunkt radios and have seen people doing it so I know its possible.
Nemesis04
Starting Ignition

Postby Nemesis04 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Meeso0743 wrote:Nemesis if you know the Vin of the car the head unit came out of or any relevant info i can get pins from a mate that works at Holden if that helps :)

i also have a 6 stacker to toy with :)

Sweet, I'll be sure to find it and get back to you. Cheers :)
Nemesis04
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:15 pm

$4 to this bloke and he gets you the pincode, uses a blaupunkt calculator (works as Iv done it for two units now).
http://www.ukbookshelf.co.uk/page1.html
TazzI

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts