Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

vz cluster backgrounds

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby riddler2608 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi guys
I have been playing around with Photoshop and made up a new background for my cluster but I cant find any one that can print it out for me .I have tried just doing it on a colour laser printer on clear plastic but it doesn't block out any of the back lights .was thinking of screen printing on plastic but cant find anyone that could do it .
has anyone out there done any of these if so how is the best way to do it ?
any idea's would be greatly appreciated
thanks
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 pm

I looked into this a while ago.

Printed onto a projector plastic sheet. And then put some slightly frosted plastic sheet behind make the light disperse evenly. And used a whie sheet of paper to remove the transparency of the plastic sheets.

To be honest, wasnt a very good look, just doesnt give the same effect as what the clusters do.

Need to use the proper stuff that they do.
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 pm

you could try a screen printer, who make coreflute signs such as real estate signs & banners. They can print onto plastic as they use solvent inks. Also, a screen printer will have to make several different screens which would be fairly expensive. The other option may be a sign shop with a good digital printer (print & cut machine) & print it onto vinyl & then you can stick it on. They can print onto a wide range of plastics, vinyls, fabrics ect. Must be a solvent ink, not a pigment ink like in a normal printer. Pigment ink will not dry on plastic metal etc. Any sign shop with a machine such as a Roland Soljet eco sol can print directly onto most plastics upto about 6mm thick.
hope this helps you.
PS. They can print (sign shop) it onto lightbox vinyl which will allow the lighting to come through where you need it to & block where lighting is not needed. Printed in reverse then stuck on the back of your new piece of plastic is better for back lit applications Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts