Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

New Radio Aux Input Mod

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby ravenger » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I've created a writeup that is a follow up to the Aux input mod by Nemesis04, you can access it on my site: http://www.dpwlabs.com.au/tech/projects/holdenradio
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:59 pm

ravenger wrote:I've created a writeup that is a follow up to the Aux input mod by Nemesis04, you can access it on my site: http://www.dpwlabs.com.au/tech/projects/holdenradio

No worries ravenger. Interesting to see youve made progress!

Be good if you could post back here with updates too.

I see you have come across a few problems:

"Firstly, it switches the input when changing EQ settings"

Im guessing the radio must use a "last used" input when changing EQ settings thus reverting back to fm ect. maybe your missing/havent changed a required message so it goes back to the wanted input?
TazzI

Postby ravenger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:11 pm

TazzI wrote:No worries ravenger. Interesting to see youve made progress!

Im guessing the radio must use a "last used" input when changing EQ settings thus reverting back to fm ect. maybe your missing/havent changed a required message so it goes back to the wanted input?

It appears that the main MCU in the radio sends a change input command whenever it sends an unmute to the TDA7348. It sends a mute/unmute any time it changes the EQ setting or the input, or pause. Unfortunately the main MCU doesn't(and probably never will) know about the AUX so a work-around must be made. Worst part is, there is no need for the input change command to be sent at that time!
I've had some limited success with some of my further testing, just waiting to get a bit more done before I post a follow up.
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 pm

ravenger wrote:
TazzI wrote:No worries ravenger. Interesting to see youve made progress!

It appears that the main MCU in the radio sends a change input command whenever it sends an unmute to the TDA7348. It sends a mute/unmute any time it changes the EQ setting or the input, or pause. Unfortunately the main MCU doesn't(and probably never will) know about the AUX so a work-around must be made. Worst part is, there is no need for the input change command to be sent at that time!
I've had some limited success with some of my further testing, just waiting to get a bit more done before I post a follow up.

May have to scavenge through want nemesis chucked up and see what he did. Fairly certain he had some coding up as well
TazzI

Postby ravenger » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:49 am

A quick update;

I have front panel buttons working! And a work around that mostly works for EQ settings.

Soon to come: a follow up to my write up, including code for a PIC24F solution.

Still not working: output to LCD; as I have the 6 stacker with graphic LCD, I'm not sure how easy this is going to be.
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm

ravenger wrote:A quick update;

I have front panel buttons working! And a work around that mostly works for EQ settings.

Still not working: output to LCD; as I have the 6 stacker with graphic LCD, I'm not sure how easy this is going to be.

Reading up on what Vlad said, the stacker had a very different lcd screen. The single cd and 6 stacker players required completely different coding due to the pixel differences between the two.
The 6 stacker could have nicer writing/images injected.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

ravenger wrote:A quick update;

Any Updates Ravenger?!
TazzI

Postby ravenger » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:30 pm

TazzI wrote:Any Updates Ravenger?!

Unfortunately I've been busy with other things (particularly work and University). However, I expect to do a write up of the new part this week.
For those of you wanting to replicate this project, the next write up will have instructions on how!
I'll post a link here once it is ready.
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 am

ravenger wrote:Unfortunately I've been busy with other things (particularly work and University). However, I expect to do a write up of the new part this week.
For those of you wanting to replicate this project, the next write up will have instructions on how!
I'll post a link here once it is ready.

Yeah no worries, keen to dive into this and help where possible!
TazzI

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts