Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VZ R8 Binnacle Gauges into VY

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby nathanVY2014 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:37 am

Hey everyone, i'm new here but hoping somebody can shed some light on a few things.

My car is a 2003 VY Calais, running the VZ Calais interior dash surround and much prefer the look of the VZ style binnacle gauges. Below are a couple of links I've discovered so far which would be helpful to me if my car was a VZ, but the VY cluster pin outs are different.

http://www.jhp.com.au/manuals/JHP-2006-GTO-Wiring-Kit-Guide.pdf

As I understand it, on the VZ the oil pressure data is on the bus and sent to the cluster, i'm not sure if this is the case for the VY - a wiring diagram for the VY cluster plug would help clear this up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This is the outcome i'm hoping for

nathanVY2014
Newbie Modder

Postby doubledip » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:49 pm

VZ LS1 and VY are same

prob is the VZ cluster gets its fuel level from the PCM.. VY straight from sender
doubledip

Postby nathanVY2014 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:47 pm

doubledip wrote:VZ LS1 and VY are same

prob is the VZ cluster gets its fuel level from the PCM.. VY straight from sender

hey thanks for the reply, are you saying VY & VZ cluster loom wiring is the same? If that's the case i'll give the above wiring a go and we might be in business :)
nathanVY2014
Newbie Modder

Postby doubledip » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm

no sorry the wiring isn't the same in the back of the plug... that's why one plug is grey and the other is blue the binnacle gauges will work in either
doubledip

Postby nathanVY2014 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:27 pm

doubledip wrote:no sorry the wiring isn't the same in the back of the plug... that's why one plug is grey and the other is blue the binnacle gauges will work in either

Hmm still need the wiring diagram for the VY plug. Are you sure about the oil pressure data being in the plug for VYs?

I found an older model installation guide with the oil pressure sender here: http://www.jhp.com.au/manuals/JHP_04_GTO_Sports_Binnacle_Kit-Install_Guide.pdf
nathanVY2014
Newbie Modder

Postby Micks » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't believe the VZ twin guage binnacle will work in a VY!
I have the same Binn in my VZ.
The VY for oil pressure guage will require a secondary sender, doubt you can get an aftermarket sender to talk to the VZ oil binnacle in a VY.
Though am happy & appreciate it if I'm proved wrong?
Micks
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts