Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

wm caprice seats into hsv e2

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby hsve209 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I am thinking of purchasing a complete leather interior out of a 2008 wm caprice and put it in my 2009 hsv e2. My question is has the hsv wiring harness got the extra connections for the electric seats, sat nav and dvd. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks
hsve209
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow !!!! That would be an interesting conversion !!!! :D

Ok, I will just dump as much information as I can....

Front Seats
The front seats will be fine with the exception that there will be no cabling for the colour screens for the headrest.

The front drivers seat on the Caprice has a memory function, which allows the seat to move around based on the last
key memory position that was used. (I.E. the seat will adjust itself to the last used memory position set with the key that is used to unlock the car)....
If your HSV doesn't have this function (I.E. Drivers memory seat), then you will also need to add a couple of cables to connect to the SW Can Bus, so as the memory seat module gets its commands to do its thing....

If you don't wire the above up, then its no biggie, you just wont have the seat adjust to the last position used for the selected key...

Back Seats
This MIGHT cause you some dramas....
On other makes and models (I.E. Fords in particular), the side bolsters on the back seats for LWB models are much deeper than on SWB models...
This means (On the Ford Models anyway), that the bolsters will stick out more, and wont match the door profile properly...
This would be something that you would need to check before purchasing the trim...

Next the rear seats have ??? I think ??? the triple zone climate control panel somewhere. (I think in the armrest ??? Not too sure)...
If you wanted to go triple zone climate control, then thats going to be a mission in itself. (You will need to change the headunit to the Caprice model, get the HVAC HCE from the Caprice, and do lots of HVAC airbox mods to get this going)....
To be honest though, I dont think you would be too concerned about trying to get Triple Zone Climate Control working...

Roof Mounted DVD Player
Unless you have the Roof mounted DVR / LCD screen fitted now, then there will be no wiring for the Caprice model.
(The caprice model is slightly different to the HSV/Calais V/SS-V models, in that it is supplied by BOSE, and the SWB models are supplied by Blaupunkt... So wiring may be different as well....

Other Trim Bits
Carpets and roof linings will not fit. (So if you didnt have the Roof Mounted DVD player, you will need to get a roof lining from a SWB model to fit this up).
The Caprice BOSE stereo will require the Caprice dash trim pieces to fit...
(Not too sure how many pieces or what is required, I will need to research a bit more).,
Also the Caprice radio would need the VIN programmed, and the climate control set to Dual Zone, and not Triple Zone.
Instrument Cluster would require the upper dash crash pads to be fitted, and probably most of the dash plastics to be changed over to caprice... Meaning that you would loose the HSV Triple Gauges, so this may not be worth the effort....

I hope this all helps !!!
Definitely let us know what you find more information, or please ask more questions if you need more information !!!!
This is definitely the type of stuff that most of us are interested in here, and would be well up there in the "That's Seriously Cool" things to do !!!!!

Oh and welcome to the forums !!!!

Cheers
Matti
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby hsve209 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 am

Hi Matti,
Thanks for all the info. Front seats will be OK without the memeory if it is too hard. Tri zone will become dual zone for the A/C. I hope the back seats and door trims fit nicely. I will keep the standard hsv dash, carpet and roof lining, but will try to put in the caprice stereo.

I have finished the motor, it is an LS7 with 355rwkw but all street driveable as it is done without a big cam. Steve at Oztune did the tune and Kingston Auto Repairs did the swap and are both worth a mention for their efforts.

I will probably have more questions when it all starts happening.................cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hsve209
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:06 am

While MSD coils look pretty, they WILL crack over time.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts