Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

Varex controller?

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby velj » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 am

Hey guys I have some varex muffler to put on but I want to hard wire it not to use a remote
I was thinking of having one on off switch coming from cig lighter then having a variable switch like a scroll wheel or something does anyone think this will work? It is two mufflers because its for the Ve so both wil need to be run on the one on off power switch and the scroll switch.

Would running everything in series e ok?
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am

Plug it in and test the voltage output with a multimeter first from the controller. They are wiper just motors

The usually go fully closed, half and full. I think you will find that it's short bursts and then reversing the polarity to pull it back. Think of it the same way as if you are closing you electric windows and you wanted it half up and then you wanted it fully closed.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby velj » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Ok fe, so double trow double pole switch? If that's what they called I'd need one of those for sure, I read somewhere that I'd need basically a window switch. Il make a write up of how to do it Aswell. Shouldn't be to hard ilgo to jaycar soon. Also does anyone think I should throw a fuse into it Aswell?
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm

velj wrote:Ok fe, so double trow double pole switch? If that's what they called I'd need one of those for sure, I read somewhere that I'd need basically a window switch. Il make a write up of how to do it Aswell. Shouldn't be to hard ilgo to jaycar soon. Also does anyone think I should throw a fuse into it Aswell?

Definately fuse it. The flaps can become siezed
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby velj » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Ok what I'v done so far
(Not help from jaycar. "spastic's")
I have wire if all up like this

Behind stereo I used the cig lighter socket for the pos+ and the grounding bolt for the neg -

Anyway from connecting there I did everything in a line first 30A fuse, to a kill switch. Then run to the receiver box I ran the wires under the center console, then under the carpet, I also placed the receiver under the carpet so it is not visible, from there i ran the wire behind te battery up the rear wall through a rubber grommit that I already have my reverse camera hooked up to. From there I ran it inside the tray to two holes that are directly above the mufflers befor I put the wires through I put a rubber grommit in the whole so with the vibrations it did not cut the wire on the metal, worked first go no drama.

Once i Make a variable volume controll I will make a full write up with photos, I will also put a led after the switch so I no if its switched on or off.

The switch is so incAse the police pull me over and see they are varex I can just flick the switch and say they do not work it's only for looks, I'm also going to make some sort of plate out of black plexi glass and mount it under the stereo so everything is hidden :)
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:25 pm

be interested in this.. was going to make the auto sports button infront of the shifter the control button and use a flip flop relay to control it that way it looks factory.. just havent had time to do anything about it yet LOL
doubledip

Postby velj » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Do you have a varex exhaust double dip?

When I get a chance to get the stuf it will be done I'm busy as ATM fkn work haha
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Yes. Love it as it goes quiet as on long hwy trips so doesn't deafen family but still noisey for all other times
doubledip

Postby velj » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeh that's why I like it when it's fully open it has a nice note when on the hwy haha I love it, I need a mid section tho because I just have mufflers I don't have the best sound coming from it :)
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby MartinM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm

if anyone wants to submit pictures of the Varex receiver box, I will take a look as it is most current remote systems use a Microchip "Keeloq" rolling code remote system to drive a Microchip "PIC" at the receiver, if we can figure out the circuitry, you could have the option of hardwiring some switching wires into the reciever box directly, or better still build a custom remote unit to drive it wirelessly from the dash mounted switch you want.
MartinM

Next

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts