Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

Fitting a Reverse Camera to a VE Commodore

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeh, but make sure it don't screw up youR ABS/TRACTION CONTROL. May be ok for burnouts, but not for big eyed kangaroos that don't come up on your GPS!! LOL
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby doubledip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Muke wrote:I was chatting to the guy in the Holden service dept a while ago. He suggested I might be able to tap into the wheel speed sensor. Apparently there's a wire running from the wheel across to the diff that should be relatively easy to get to, and still be a pulse signal there. Not sure if he's correct (he was openly guessing), or if it'd work anyway. For me I suppose it depends how smart my GPS is. Is it comparing # of pulses to the GPS to work it out, then using it when the GPS signal is too weak? Or is it expecting a certain # of pulses per km/h? Can only try it to find out.

just get speed signal from ECU

v8 or v6
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:03 pm

See Muke, I told you doubledip can help you...just ask. Cheers.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Muke » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 am

Sorry, been a while since I've been on. Finally got all the things wired up, working and put the trim back in for the first time in a while. Got rather sick of working on or thinking about my car. Didn't last too long though, more to do this weekend ;)

Cheers doubledip - to the rescue once again hey. :) I've an MY08 SV6 btw. I thought I had the right wire there in the footwell, but can't remember where I looked to get that info. Also can't see which wire I tried without pulling the trim out again. But I just bought a Gregory's for my car (yep finally made one). So I'm confident now to try again. I believe I can tap into the output shaft speed sensor as it goes to the TCM (handily located in my car). I did just do the dodgy 3way connector last time as I wasn't sure it was correct, so probably not a good enough connection either. Thanks anyway, I should be right now.

BTW- there's 63 wiring diagrams in that manual if anyone just wants a scan of one and isn't worth buying the whole manual.
Muke
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 am

velj wrote:Cbz reading the whole thing but it isn't to hard to do, I have a camera from eBay cost 20 bucks and I tell u what the quality of it is amazing its just silly,
I'm currently (almost finished) making a module so u can have front and rear cameras, rear will go on auto when u put it into reverse and front wil turn on when u push a button that's out of the way and hidden!

Well velj, did you finish this module? come on! Make sure it's for SII IQ's. Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby velj » Thu May 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Lmfao haven't started all he parts are sitting there on the desk waiting for my soldering iron lmfao il do it one day
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby velj » Thu May 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Rca connects are done just have todo the relay wiring!
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 am

Yeh, I understand! it's hard work & slow goin....but you WILL get there. let us know how it goe's.
Cheers.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby velj » Sat May 04, 2013 12:56 am

Il do a write up on how to, I might have to do it soon my auto switch has shit it's self I think
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:00 am

velj wrote:Il do a write up on how to, I might have to do it soon my auto switch has shit it's self I think

There is a reason it shit itself. So you get the whips cracking on the relay setup as well. lol
hope you sort switch/problem easy.
silversv6
Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts