Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

HSV Grange E3 Front & Rear bars onto WM Caprice S1

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Yergin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I've seen the new HSV Grange front bar has got the LED running lights.
(pics here http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/detail ... rt=default )

I was wondering what would I need to do to connect the running lights if I bought this bar and installed onto my WM Caprice?

Also the front and rear bars have an extra 2 parking sensors, if I wanted to connect those to my current sensors (of which it has 4 front and back) what would be required to do that?

Thanks
Yergin
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

I think the bars should just bolt up (Not sure about brackets and things like that though).

As for wiring, It wont be a plug and play type thing, however I think things like the spot lamps, and the existing 4 park assist sensors should just plug up ? (Need to check eSI to make sure this is the case).

The DRL LEDs could be simply wired up to the ignition line. (Not sure where the best possible place to pull this from would be at the front of the car).

The extra 2 sensors are used for the blind side assist warning (I think).
Which if you wanted to fit, would require the extra module, and warning LEDs (and trims) near the A pillers.
(I personally would leave them disconnected, until you can either obtain the blind side alert bits cheaply, or work out what to do with them).
Because the park assist only has connectors for 4 front and 4 rear sensors, you would need to disconnect 2 of those to use the side facing sensors, which would mean unpredictable results with the park assist...

I hope this helps (a little bit at least)
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Yergin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 pm

thanks mate, just an idea as I like the factory running lights.

I'll have a chat to the HSV dealer nearby as i'm planning on getting a Grange lip spoiler (expensive I know) so hopefully there is an easy way of doing it.

At the moment it is just an idea! :-D gotta get the coin first haha
Yergin
Starting Ignition

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts