Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

Buying paint

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Klavins » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 am

I need some Heron White paint for a VE SS body kit and was wondering where the best place to get it from would be. I haven't bought the body parts yet, I just want to know if and where I can get the exact paint. I have a compressor and spray guns, etc needed to do the job (father used to restore and build cars).

Or would it be better just to buy the parts already sprayed?

Thanks
Klavins
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Klavens,

If you are only after a small amount (1L or less), and you don't need 2pak, you can try some Stuper Cheap stores, or some Auto one stores.
(Yeah Stuper cheap has started to supply mixed paints - I have no idea what the quality is like though).

The only downside to these types of places is the paint matching isn't the best, as the guy mixing up the paints tends to be a jack of all trades in the store.

You could also try a google search for Automotive paint suppliers. (Or even some of the manufacturers such as PPV or Protec for example)

If you are in Sydney, there was a very good one that I used to use frequently, where whatever colour I gave the guy, he would match it up pretty much spot on. (Mainly supplied Protec paints)
(He was located out near Stacey Street in Chullora, just let me know if you would like the address and I will find it out for you).

Though it has been quite a few years since I spray painted stuff, so I am a bit out of the loop with this sort of stuff.

I hope this helps ?
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Klavins » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks ZerOne,

I've contacted a few local places now after doing a google search including a supplier of Protec paints, Eastern Auto Paints. It's fairly close to where I live, Mount Waverley Victoria. Do you know how much the paint will cost if I were to paint the front and rear bumpers as well as the side skirts?
Klavins
Newbie Modder

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts